Percy Jackson meets The Kane Chronicles discussion

Houses of the Night > Anubis' Cemetery

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Victoire- Daughter of the Darkling (GildedDolphin) | 331 comments Mod
Anubis' favorite place to relax.

Freak lands in the Cemetery and the Path of Anubis students file off of the boat. "Anubis!" Victoria calls out. "Shhh. Why do you always have to be so loud, V?" Aura, Victoria's twin sister asked. "I wasn't being loud he isn't here. I was calling for him throughout the Duat." Victoria stuck her tongue out at her sister.

message 3: by Joya (new)

Joya (hawkrose13) "I don't think that you can summon him so yelling is the best option." Aria says. "That or we can try to find Walt."

"I prefer to just yell for him." Victoria said. "So, much easier."

message 5: by Joya (new)

Joya (hawkrose13) "True," Aria says. "Because there is a 50% chance that Walt will be at Brooklyn House anyway."

Anubis came bounding into the cemetery, in the shape of a jackal. The mist of the duat clung to him as he assumed his human form. He saw Victoria standing with the small group and smiled at her, "Hey. How are you?" "Great." Victoria said, smiling back at him. "How is Kherif?" At the mention of his name, Kherif popped his head over the side of the boat. He had fallen asleep on his journey through the duat. He hopped out and ran over to Anubis, leaping all over him. "It's good to see you too, boy." Anubis laughed. "Sit." Kherif sat. "So, what are you doing here?" Anubis asked Victoria. "I have brought some students who are following the Path of Anubis. They might have a few questions and I was wondering if you could help them with a few spells?" Anubis' yes became slits. "Why not?" As he turned to help the acolytes, Kherif ran off with his pack, happy to be back alongside them at least for a little while. "Questions? What do you want to know?"

message 7: by Joya (new)

Joya (hawkrose13) "Aren't you supposed to be hosting Walt Stone or he dies?" Elisabeth asks.

"Not so much. A god's essence is so powerful that he can appear in many places at one time. Technically I am still hosting Walt, but I can still appear here. How do you think the Greek gods had so many children so similar in age?" Anubis said. "Right now 'I' am with Sadie on the other side of the world at the First Nome."

message 9: by Reece (new)

Reece Cullen (21rcc48) That's confusing.

message 10: by Joya (new)

Joya (hawkrose13) "Okay that makes sense I guess."

"If it wasn't confusing we wouldn't be gods." Victoria said as she shrugged her shoulders. Anubis nodded in agreement. "Pretty much."

message 12: by Joya (new)

Joya (hawkrose13) You got that right," Elisabeth says. "But being a goddess or god can be hard."

"Tell me about it. Family reunions are the worst. Everyone is always trying to be first, and don't even get me started on the endless competitions. Let me just say one word- Head-Ache." Victoria said.

message 14: by Joya (new)

Joya (hawkrose13) "You can say that again. I mean both are dads and Zeus fight like it's their job. After the last family reunion I couldn't get ride of the headache I had for a month."

(I'll be back later. Have to go for now.)

message 16: by Joya (new)

Joya (hawkrose13) (Okay.)

"I so wish that they could just get along. It would probably help if Zeus didn't lord being King of the skies over his brothers." "Uh-hum." Aura coughed. "Umm. We are here for a reason stop gabbing." She said pointedly to her sister. "You may be a goddess but the rest of us aren't." "Oh, yeah." Victoria smiled sheepishly. "Sorry. Ask away." Anubis just smiled, amused.

message 18: by Joya (new)

Joya (hawkrose13) "So well I don't really know what to ask you Anubis."

"Would you like to learn a little more about death magic?" Anubis prompted.

message 20: by Joya (new)

Joya (hawkrose13) "Sure, why not. It an help me guide the souls to the Underworld or to the Judgement Hall."

message 21: by Victoire- Daughter of the Darkling, Head Mod (last edited Jan 24, 2015 09:56AM) (new)

"In Egyptian culture, the Book of the Dead actually contains spells to bring about life. While the golden Book of Life contains spells that bring about death." Anubis continued, "In Greek culture if the deceased was buried without money he is unable to gain passage across the Styx. He should also be buried with a sacrifice for Cerberus."

message 22: by Joya (new)

Joya (hawkrose13) "That's really cool."

"Yeah, t-" Suddenly the cemetery began to shake violently and Bast appeared "Anubis, the book is gone." Anubis' gold and black eyes grew wide. "What? How did that happen? You were supposed to be guarding it!" "No, Sekhmet was supposed to be guarding it." Bast snapped. "I don't know. It's just gone." "What is?" Victoria asked. "The Book of Life." Her face paled. "Oh, no. That is definitely not good."

(Got to go. Bye. :)

message 24: by Joya (new)

Joya (hawkrose13) (Okay.)

"Maybe we can get a quest. Sadie, Zia, Carter, Walt, the three of us and Aria can go found it. Even though there is only three people to a quest, we can make it work."

message 25: by Reece (new)

Reece Cullen (21rcc48) Got room for one more? I want to come!

message 26: by Joya (new)

Joya (hawkrose13) We probably have room we just have to ask Victoria.

message 27: by Reece (new)

Reece Cullen (21rcc48) Okay.

message 28: by Joya (new)

Joya (hawkrose13) Yeah