Audiobooks discussion

Archives > Can't download Audible Audiobook in parts?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 3 comments I bought The Stand by Stephen King and wanted to try it with Whispersync because the book is a behemoth. I bought the book, got the audiobook with a trial subscription, but ran into issues when I went to download it. The audiobook is 700ish mb, and it's too big for my phone's storage. I noticed I could download it in parts with the Audible app so I tried that instead. I tried to send the first part of the book to my phone (android), and it still tried to download the book as a whole. I am at a loss for what to do. I had intended on listening to the audiobook on my phone, but now it seems like i'm up a creek without a paddle. What else can I try?

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1541 comments Do you have the audible app on your phone? Or how are you downloading? Is there an alternate format that takes less space

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura | 3 comments I have the audible app on my phone. On the Audible website, you have the option to either send the whole audiobook to your device, or part of it. I chose the first part, but it STILL wants to download the entire thing on my phone. I can't find an option in the android app to download part of the audiobook, either.

Thanks for the reply.

message 4: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 2212 comments On the Android app, when you're in your library, select the menu on the top left and pick "Settings." In Settings, select the Download Settings. The 3rd choice is 'Download by Parts' and that's where you can choose between single and multi-part downloads.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura | 3 comments Kristie wrote: "On the Android app, when you're in your library, select the menu on the top left and pick "Settings." In Settings, select the Download Settings. The 3rd choice is 'Download by Parts' and that's whe..."
Hey Kristie, you are the best! Do you know if there's any setting like that in the Kindle App to use it with whispersync, too? If not this will work well enough for now. Thanks!

message 6: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 2212 comments No idea, but I am guessing that with the Kindle book it's all or nothing.