Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Rules of Prey (Lucas Davenport, #1)
This topic is about Rules of Prey
Previous BRs - Authors; Q - T > Sandford, John - Rules of Prey (Lucas Davenport #1) - Informal Buddy Read; Starts January 26, 2014

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30933 comments Mod
This topic is open for discussion of Rules of Prey by John Sandford

Book Synopsis:
The "maddog" murderer who is terrorizing the Twin Cities is two things: insane and extremely intelligent. He kills for the pleasure of it and thoroughly enjoys placing elaborate obstacles to keep police befuddled. Each clever move he makes is another point of pride. But when the brilliant Lieutenant Lucas Davenport--a dedicated cop and a serial killer's worst nightmare--is brought in to take up the investigation, the maddog suddenly has an adversary worthy of his genius.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

Rhonda | 550 comments Great...I'll be ready to go on the 26th!

Anita Reads | 1677 comments Me too :)

Michelle (govmarley) | 3040 comments Love this series!

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 7187 comments I read this book 2 years ago but never continued with the series but I would love to do a re-read and join the BR.

Stacey (boydsmom) | 1144 comments I've been wanting to start this series--if I can finish up my other books before you all are done, I'm in!

Anita Reads | 1677 comments I finally got around to start this one. Had some books I had to finish for January challenges.

My first impressions on this book is.

(view spoiler)

I've only read the first 4 chapters.

Stacey (boydsmom) | 1144 comments I'm up through Chapter 7. (view spoiler)

I must be getting old, because I'm having trouble keeping all the names and people straight!

Anita Reads | 1677 comments Stacey wrote: "I'm up through Chapter 7. [spoilers removed]

I must be getting old, because I'm having trouble keeping all the names and people straight!"

Yes, that were the same thoughts that I had. It bored me a little. It definitely picked up on the story now.

Stacey (boydsmom) | 1144 comments I'm not sure what chapter I'm on, but about 100 p. from the end. I have to say I'm struggling with this one. It picked up for a bit, but now that it should be getting exciting as they close in on the killer, I'm just bored. I'm not a fan of Lucas (view spoiler) and I know its an older book, but the use of the word cripple is bothering me. Small issues, but since I'm already bored, its just all the more annoying.

Hopefully will finish tonight or tomorrow. At least I can keep everyone straight now! :)

Rhonda | 550 comments I haven't been able to start yet. Real life is bugging me....I hope to be able to start soon.

Anita Reads | 1677 comments I just finished this one yesterday and (view spoiler)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments I just started this one earlier

Chapter 1

(view spoiler)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Rules of Prey (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

John Sandford (other topics)