Sci-Fi & Fantasy Girlz discussion

Science Fiction > Microsoft HoloLens

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yoly (new)

Yoly (macaruchi) | 795 comments I think the sci-fi geek in all of us (at least most of us in this group) loves this idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAKfd...

It's like right out of a sci-fi novel or movie.

message 2: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Williams (houseofwilliams) | 156 comments Using it!

message 3: by Sparrowlicious (new)

Sparrowlicious | 160 comments Ah, that looks pretty cool but ... what if you're wearing glasses? Wearing glasses over your glasses is fairly annoying. ):

message 4: by Yoly (new)

Yoly (macaruchi) | 795 comments Hehehe, that's one of the first things I thought about when I saw it. I hate going watching 3D movies in the theater because of this.

I hope eventually we could get personalized ones with our prescription.

message 5: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Williams (houseofwilliams) | 156 comments I'll be doing an article on this for HeroX. Be sure to come check it out when it's done :)

message 7: by Yoly (new)

Yoly (macaruchi) | 795 comments Thanks for sharing. Great article.

I wonder how much the device is going to cost. I think the main reason the Google Glass project failed was its price. Plus it was what, basically a voice controlled camera? The type of applications that you were able to develop for the device were not that impressive.

I didn't know about the ODG Smartglasses, and not really that expensive at $5,000 (yes, that was sarcasm).

I think a great implementation for online meetings and for education would be the killer apps for Microsoft's HoloLens.

I'm really excited about the possibilities, let's see if Microsoft can have it in the hands of consumers for less than $500.