GOOD REVIEWS discussion

Miracles in the Making
This topic is about Miracles in the Making
Debut author > Romance novelist: Reviews needed for new release!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Adrienne Davenport | 11 comments I would like to find reviewers for this book.I can offer a copy if you feel it is a good fit for for you or you can find one through the publisher's webpage: http://www.eternalpress.biz/book.php?.... I would appreciate cross reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.

About the book:
Sometimes the gifts we treasure most…are the ones we don't see coming.

Owner of a charming little candy shop, near the center of Chicago, Candy Frost has no children of her own to hold dear. Still, she is loved just as dearly by the one's who visit her shop on a regular basis. It isn't much but it keeps her going, especially around the holidays. She hates the surname she inherited from her parents but the kids think it's very hilarious. Busy with life in general she doesn't make much effort to find a relationship. Kept company by her old cat, she figures she could not ask for more, even if occasionally she is a bit lonely. Life in general keeps to a smooth pace, until one night just before Christmas Eve, while sitting at home, she absently admits to her cat that she occasionally longs for company. This year Noel Street, a young male angel, has been watching her for a few years. He trips up admitting he momentarily lapsed in his duty. To punish him the high angel sends him to Earth for three months. When Candy discovers him outside her shop, she falls head over heels. He is the handsomest man she has seen in years. He draws children to him as though he possesses a magical flair. She can't help but be attracted. Noel has always found her beautiful but she was off limits. Using his duty to her for an excuse, he invites her to visit the winter wonderfest on Navy with him. Neither knows what awaits them or the turns life is about to take. They have no idea what questions will arise or what answers are in store.

Quotes:

“Noel, young angel, you have made it.”
“Actually I haven’t enjoyed an evening so much in quite a long time.”
“Couldn’t you have saved it ‘til after Christmas?”

Amazon review link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QUASQ7I

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Barb McKinley (36021416-barbmckinley) | 27 comments Sounds like a good book. I'm interested in RTR for a copy in mobi format. My email: barbaramckinley@gmail.com

Thanks, Barb

Adrienne Davenport | 11 comments Barb,
I am happy to hear you are interested! You can be expecting an email in the near future. I look forward to hearing your opinion.

All the best,
Adrienne

Teresa (appyt) | 48 comments I would love a copy. Mobi is preferred.
My email is appyt.books@gmail.com

Thank you, Teresa

message 5: by Adrienne Davenport (last edited Feb 13, 2015 07:33AM) (new)

Adrienne Davenport | 11 comments Teresa,
I would love to hear what you have to say! I will send you a copy asap.

All the best,

Adrienne

message 6: by Gladys (new)

Gladys Garcia | 31 comments I would love to R&R.

epub or pdf is fine.

ggarcia4@med.miami.edu

thanks.
Gladys

Adrienne Davenport | 11 comments Gladys,
Thanks, I would love to send a copy!

Teresa (appyt) | 48 comments Looking forward to reading it. :)

Adrienne wrote: "Teresa,

All the best,

Adrienne"

Teresa (appyt) | 48 comments Your book is in my sights. :) Will have it read soon.

Teresa wrote: "Looking forward to reading it. :)

Adrienne wrote: "Teresa,

All the best,

Adrienne""

message 10: by Gladys (new)

Gladys Garcia | 31 comments Adrienne wrote: "Gladys,
Thanks, I would love to send a copy!"

thank you Adrienne I would love to read it and review

ggarcia4@med.miami.edu

message 11: by Len (last edited Feb 24, 2015 02:44PM) (new)

Len | 28 comments I've begun rereading the novel Dark Raven. I should be done in a week or so.

One of the things i find annoying in sci fi is how little science plays a part in the genera. Everything is about some wonderful future or some horrible past. The thing is that technology doesn't work that way. Every time there is a quantum leap in technology, nothing is as it was not so long ago.

These are four game changing quantum leaps and when they happened:

d. Radiodurans (1956) discovery of poly extremophiles. Life did not originate on the Planet Earth but came from elsewhere long ago. Organic life spread across the galaxy in a Cosmological chain reaction.

Laser (1961) Main battery laser cannons on station in the Persian Gulf can intercept cruise missiles drones, torpedoes, rocket propelled grenades and mortar rounds. Believe it or not, laser cannon can destroy satellites 22,300 miles high. In 2 years, five times as powerful. It won't be all that long (10 years or so) before a megawatt laser cannon burns through 20 feet of steel in one second.

Carbon fiber (1970). Today carbon fiber is way stronger and tougher than steel, as hard as diamond, lighter than aluminum and able to resist 5000 or more degrees of temperature. Imagine miles high buildings, bridges that span Gibraltar and the Bering Strait and Space elevators.

Confirmation of the first planet beyond our solar system (October 6, 1995) Over 5000 planet found so far including 80 terrestrial planets and 200 Super Earths. Early estimates are that most stars have solar systems of 4-6 planets, a least one of them in each star's life zone. UFO's exist and we will know some of their addresses by 2023, if not sooner.

Any story that doesn't accept these four realities as a given in 2015 may be a wonderful story but it isn't sci fi.