Morales 2341 Spring 2015 Class MW discussion

What is Literature? > Introduction to Literature

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lillian (new)

Lillian Morales (LillianMorales) | 46 comments Mod
What is Literature? In 200 words define literature. When developing your response, think about the purpose, the usefulness, and the importance of literature in our lives.

message 2: by Suzette (new)

Suzette Sanchez (slelysanchez) | 53 comments Literature is analyzing stories, films, poems and the readings from the bible. it has to do with summarizing and critiquing. not all analylization in literature has to make sense. It could be writing about an misunderstanding. i think literature has to do with reading but understanding with a more in depth point of view. You have to value your readings. When you read you have to read between the lines to gather up ideas for understanding a lot better. In literature you gather knowledge of what figure of speech really is. A lot of people gather a lot of information and their figure of speech from reading stories and carry it along, and it becomes part of their vocabulary. Literature is reading historical readings and figuring out what the true meaning may be, or reading fiction and non fiction short stories.

message 3: by Jose (new)

Jose G. | 13 comments Literature in my opinion represents our culture, traditions, language, and or history. It is a way of letting people into our thoughts and history. We can express ourselves let our minds roam and explore other realms of thought. Literature doesn't have any limits, we can write from science fiction to true life events. Literature gives an opportunity to the writer to tell his side of the story in any way he wants. It is up to the reader to interpret and make his own assumptions on what the author is trying to say. Literature can also give the reader a look at the firsthand experience. It makes the reader think or believe that he is actually there. One of my favorite new books is the American Sniper. I have read this book and watched the movie. I preferred the book over the movie because when I was reading the book it took me to when I was there in Iraq in 2003. Although we never crossed paths we both were in Fallujah around the same time. It took me to a place that I have tried to forget. Literature has the power to rekindle that fire that you thought was or tried to forget.

message 4: by Suzette (new)

Suzette Sanchez (slelysanchez) | 53 comments Yes i agree, literature doesn't have any limits, no restrictions. you can write freely of what is on your mind and allowing the reader to make up your own assumptions, they could be right or they could be wrong.

message 5: by Angel (new)

Angel Iduarte | 29 comments There are different forms of expression that are disposable to us. Some prefer a more sophisticated form like literature. Just like a traditional artist would express his love with a painting of a couple hugging, a writer would express it with a poem or story. It's a needed art to grow as humans in society. It is used to touch a sense that is more then something physical. Like music is to hearing, art to seeing, literature is to the brain ( if that makes any sense). Reading awakens a cumulative sense that is asleep.

message 6: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Prazaline | 41 comments Literature to me is what might sound like a poetic cliche but I think its a form of writing that connects us to our emotions. Literature, isn't the same as something you just read anywhere. Yes, literature can be everywhere, if you seek deeper. For example, writing about trees. Some would say, "The tree is brown and shakes when its windy." In literature, it might be something like, "The creases on the tree bark gave age and the leaves spoke as the wind blew through." Okay, maybe its a little bit more cliche than I'd like but that's what I mean. To me, literature is our only way we can connect to those who created it like Edgar Allen Poe who gave such emotion and suspense to his sadness. William Shakespeare who made every girl wish we could find such a die hard romance, figureatively speaking. Stephen King, who gave real horror in words, gave imagery to our nightmares. Literature to me, is reading what gives you feeling. F. Scott Fitzgerald, the man behind "The Great Gatsby", who was also one of the greatest poets in American History. Fitzgerald, would be my favorite; his short stories and poetry about romance, it just makes you wish it was you he was describing. Literature is more than just words, its what gives a paper and a pen meaning in being used. Without literature in our lives, we wouldn't know how to describe what anything felt like. Literature is a way we can use all the words known to man and use them and form them into something beautiful, dark, funny, or even sad.

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber Gonzalez (amberglz) | 29 comments Literature is the discussion of books from the past and present. We discuss the different eras and compare them. Literature helps us understand what was going on in time by how the author reflects his story. We compare same struggles from our past and present and sometimes have completely different outcomes. You get to see how life was before through the authors point of view. When it comes to literature you not only compare stories through different times but analyze them and critique them. Poems, stories, or even films helps us understand the era they first came from by analyzing the themes of each story. I believe literature is of a great value because we can live through different times by the books, poems, or films.

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Martinez (melimeli) Literature is a form of expression from the writers ideas and thoughts to the paper. Which make the reader to start getting ideas while reading the short or long story. Also, some readings always have some meaning that is hitten in the text that makes the readers to think. As well that some meanings will be life leasons that was or is still going on from 50 years to now. In Macbeth, the three witches told him the disaster will fell apon him while thinking of killing his brother. He inored the warning and killed his brother, however, all of his life work went to ruins after he killed him. While we read, we will learn how to express our writing, ideas, and also generate different meanings within the text. Even if its in ficition or nonfiction.

message 9: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Leal | 47 comments Literature is writings based on different subjects chosen by the writer. It is useful in many ways like informing the reader and providing more knowledge to them. There are different literatures from poetry, short stories, novels, and even plays. Poetry and plays don't seem important but they are interesting to read because some are written by extraordinary people who are famous in our history like Shakespeare. I think the purpose of learning literature is not only to inform us but can also be useful by expanding our vocabulary. Literature allows a person to escape from reality and provide relaxation to their lives. There are many people that read books to relax or even to calm nerves. It's important to provide literature in schools because it helps the students to achieve better in their school work. Reading a book based in a different time and different place than what you live in allows you to experience different places, it's like traveling in your mind you can say. History is a good example as to why literature is important because we are learning about our past and how life, plants, and the world in general came to be. You also get to learn different cultures, religion, and touching stories by people who survived difficult times. It allows us to expand our thinking skills and helps us make decisions in the real world. Literature is useful in many ways from relaxation, informing, or reading just for fun.

message 10: by Oscar (new)

Oscar Esquibel Literature is a gate way into the mind of the writer. The content that you read may have a impact on the reader. The reading may have a hidden agenda or they might just flatout tell you what they mean. So you have to constantly analaize what you are reading. The content can lead you in roller coaster of emotion. I find literature a little boring just because i like to experience the moment apose to reading about it. That being said i have found a few books that intriges me. Literature doesnt just stop at books. They can also be seen like a play or a movie. I paticulary like to watch blood and guts movies as well as books. I find that i can relate a lot of that to my experienes that i have had in my last job. Literature has many forms but they all start from an idea that is written down.

message 11: by Monique (new)

Monique Freitag | 53 comments Literature is any printed or written work. The definition is simple but literature includes various examples, such as; books (many relating to religion), poetry, or anything printed for the purpose of advertising products. The purpose of literature varies from person to person or for the occasion. Literature is commonly used for education purposes. It is the simplest way for an educator to get their point across to a student. Whether it be a book on a certain subject or a written work considered to be of artistic value (similar to Shakespeare) that pertains to the lesson. When the literature deals with religion, it is held to a holy standard and used as a sacred rule book for those who follow said religion. Religious literature hold a great deal of power to the point of wars being started over it. Literature can be about practically anything, a broad spectrum of genres. It can paint a picture in your mind in a way that a movie cannot compare, which is why 99% of the time the book is preferred over its movie adaptation. From the moment a child learns to read, a whole new world is opened up to them, literature is the backbone to anything you pursue in life.

message 12: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 22 comments Literature is anything that is written. Literature is reading and imagining stories, poems, comedies and all those different types of readings, it's more like a description of it. Literature is something that people enjoy because they get too much into the story and they analyze it to see what it really is about. People can write their own stories in any way they want. That is something that benefits the writer because that way people can read the story and make opinions about it. It can be fiction or non-fiction and you would still enjoy it. For the non-fiction stories, people learn about the biographies or histories and really learn from it. For the fiction stories, people get to get into the stories in a way that they feel that they are really in there, and that is how they would enjoy it.

message 13: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesliemadai) | 50 comments Literature to me is the understanding of someone else's writing. Literature is a class given so we can know how to analyze and critique the writing of someone's book, poem, etc. The Bible is a great example of a book that is written as literature. It's a written work that needs to be looked up closely, and in between the lines, in order to understand the reading. Once we understand the reading then the analyze and critique part comes easily. Literature is a formal expression of readings.

message 14: by Marielena (new)

Marielena Franco | 43 comments Literature is a way of communication and expression many people use to understand the many different languages out in the world. For example literature can be beautiful but hard to understand. In my personal opinion literature takes me to a different world in every book where I can experience a different world or culture. Literature can also be the connection of ideas in a written format that can help many people understand the thoughts of others. A way of expression that can help people better understand, characters in books or better off to find them self’s in a character. Poetry is also a major input on literature that makes up some of the basics in literature because of the lessons learned and the romance poetry defines. There are many different kinds of literature, which are very interesting in many ways. For example there is facts, fictions, mystery, romance, history, sociological and they all help understand the different personalities of people all around the world. Literature will always help people connect in many wonderful ways. Literature above all is a form of expression and figure of speech it all depends on culture and age, looking for a way of connections to the different kinds of literature.

message 15: by Rosie (new)

Rosie Castillo | 61 comments Literature is about written books that helps people understand the meaning of the stories. Many stories are difficult to understand and analyze. Literature is the form of expression. Some people have hard times understanding the meaning of reading. Literature not only includes stories but also poetry and many more. Which makes it more interesting to read. It also helps us develop our minds in what we read and how we interpret our readings. I may have different opinion of what I read and someone else may have a different opinion of what they read.

message 16: by Hilda (new)

Hilda Aguilar | 54 comments Literature is a work of expression and ideas. We use it to express the meaning of the setting,plot, characters, choice of words and etc. Literature symbolizes different meanings and ideas. At times it might reflect on God /Jesus Christ . There might be different meanings and each of us might see it in a different perspective. It faces a whole different types of emotions. I've read different types of short stories where they express their emotions but go into depth. Sometimes it depends on the reader to catch on to the reading and give it interest if they're going through the same thing. Literature brings many of its past history and culture.

message 17: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 56 comments What is Literature?
Literature for me is reading...
Actually that is a great question for me because as I was growing up the only literature I knew were the books from elementary and middle school. I did not attend regular English classes in High school. My English classes were all modules. I really did not care much for literature, all I wanted was to graduate as soon as possible because I had a child to take care. I graduated and that was it. There was no planning to attend college but to work to support my child. Luckily one of my oldest nieces opened the way for me to attend college. My English classes where I have learned more about Literature has been here in college. As the years kept passing I've learned that literature is one of the most important things in life. Through Literature we are able to see the world around us. There are many kinds of literature with different meaning. Literature is a form of expression, it helps to develop ideas, we learn history and many other things. I still continue to struggle when it comes to literature, but it does not mean I will stay as I used to; I will continue to learn more about literature to better myself.

message 18: by Luis (last edited Jan 21, 2015 08:16PM) (new)

Luis Gonzalez | 71 comments Literature is a way for one person to express his opinion, views or feelings of a person, place or event in the form of storytelling. Storytelling has been with humankind for many millennium. Literature is nothing more than a written form of storytelling. When an oral story is converted to print many things or left out. For example, the tone, volume or perhaps a cracking of the orator’s voice does not translate into printed form. The author replaces these with vivid descriptions of people, places or things. Literature is truly an art form that is difficult to master. Many stories have lasted the test of time and are as beautiful today as the day they were written.
Through literature, a reader can take a sneak peek into the author’s mind. Literature at times can be controversial and shed light on subject matter that many are not aware of, but the author deems important. It is through controversy, that discussion is generated and help resolve these problems.
Whether the story is about love, politically charged or historical, literature is a form of expression that the author feels is pertinent at the time the work was written. It is meant to have people discuss and share ideas and perhaps solve some of society’s problems.

message 19: by Maritza (new)

Maritza Cruz | 23 comments Literature can be written or spoken in order to express different topic as poetry,drama, and fiction or non fiction. Is to discuss or analyze themes or different points. The purpose of literature is go beyond our thinking skills and understand what the author is really trying to say. Literature can be from a movie to poems even to a short story. In literature is to learn about history, ideas, and study time frame. But literature is not only about history or cultural but it's also to experience a new world. Literature is important because it makes us understand the world around us.

message 20: by Marielena (new)

Marielena Franco | 43 comments Hilda wrote: "Literature is a work of expression and ideas. We use it to express the meaning of the setting,plot, characters, choice of words and etc. Literature symbolizes different meanings and ideas. At time..." i agree with you Hilda literature us a work of expression and ideas you made a perfect description of what the meaning of literature is.

message 21: by Marielena (new)

Marielena Franco | 43 comments Amber wrote: "Literature is the discussion of books from the past and present. We discuss the different eras and compare them. Literature helps us understand what was going on in time by how the author reflects ..."
yes i agree that amber that literature is the discussion of books within eras and helps us discuss and compare everything around us.

message 22: by Shanda (new)

Shanda Brunson | 64 comments Literature is the telling of an array of different stories. These can be in any form short, poetry and plays there is all different ways to express your message to the audience. I would say the purpose of literature is an expression of one’s imagination. Another aspect would be a way to depict what has happened to bring to life the characters of the story. Even though the author has written the work, literature can be interpreted differently from different peoples perspective. One person could read the work and feel one way while another person will feel something totally different. I feel this is the wonderful world of books. There are always so many open discussions because so many people will have different views and this will broaden your thinking skills. This will open your mind to see different point of views. Literature is way to express different emotions. Literature is also a very educational tool in order to compare from this generation-to-generation.

message 23: by Shanda (new)

Shanda Brunson | 64 comments Luis wrote: "Literature is a way for one person to express his opinion, views or feelings of a person, place or event in the form of storytelling. Storytelling has been with humankind for many millennium. Lit..."
I wholeheartldy agree with you literature is a way to open so many discussions and learn so many new views. Also you can experience different cultures which is vital to having an understanding society.

message 24: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne Torres | 72 comments Literature is the reading of written works such as books and poems. Especially important or famous written works are considered to be literature. Literature comes in so many forms from a good mystery to a love story. Literature is important because literature captures many aspects of a certain time in the past. Literature captures a style of writing of that era. It also captures the language of a specific time. Literature is important to become more knowledgeable of the past. Through literature readers can take a look back to past times. Written works from the past depict the culture, the troubles, the hardships, the struggles, and the beauty of an era. Literature portrays what was important to people of a certain time in history. Through literature the reader can have a glimpse into the mind of the author. The reader can take a journey through the thoughts, feelings, and ideas of the writer. Reading literature expands the reader’s imagination and way of thinking. There is so much beauty in words. Words are so full of emotion. Literature captures this beauty of words. Literature opens the minds of the readers to knowledge, truth, fiction, and to a world beyond what the readers sees.

message 25: by Suzette (new)

Suzette Sanchez (slelysanchez) | 53 comments Literature can be written to be compared to historical events that happened, since there history it makes it all the more interesting, to picture ourselves back several years or decades ago. some stories are so intesnse you can help but feel and picture the scenery of the story

message 26: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Nelson | 62 comments Literature is a way people express their inner thoughts, ideas, and emotions. The purpose of this is to get an insight of what is going on in the writers mind while he/she is writing the story. While authors do this, readers can make their own judgment and open their mind beyond expectation. In addition, literature allows you to make connections with the author through their form of expressions. It gives people the chance to capture an image in their head. Not everybody is going to create the same image in their head. For example, when an author is writing about romance, you automatically assume that the novel or book is going to be about romance. Well, not every reader would think the author did a very good job in writing a romantic story. Sometimes what might seem romantic to one person, may seem lame to another. This is what makes literature very unique and beautiful and what sets us apart from everybody. Readers have to fully read in between the lines in order to understand the author completely and make the complete connection. You have to put the puzzle pieces in the book together in order to understand the full concept of literature. This is what gives literature so much value.

message 27: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Nelson | 62 comments Amber wrote: "Literature is the discussion of books from the past and present. We discuss the different eras and compare them. Literature helps us understand what was going on in time by how the author reflects ..."

I agree when you said, "We compare same struggles from our past and present and sometimes have completely different outcomes." Not every era is the same; therefore, getting an insight from the past through literature is always fun. You get the chance to compare the authors situations or "struggles", like you said, from the past to the present. While comparing the two you sometimes notice some things haven't change, while other things have.

message 28: by Rosie (new)

Rosie Castillo | 61 comments Hilda wrote: "Literature is a work of expression and ideas. We use it to express the meaning of the setting,plot, characters, choice of words and etc. Literature symbolizes different meanings and ideas. At time..."i
I agree with hilda literature is a way to express the meaning of ideas of the story. It brings the past era through literature, making it very interesting. It will make the reader analyze and be open mind.

message 29: by Rogerio (new)

Rogerio Ruiz | 39 comments What is literature?

Literature is any written work that can be expressed in any form or shape such as a book, magazine, film, poetry, drama and any other written work. Literature is an idea, an idea that could be real or unreal. The meaning of literature could be interpreted in many different ways; some writers could use literature to express their feelings. In most stories will leave hidden messages that will leave you guessing until you don’t want to think anymore.

Literature represents what people feel, live or what people want the story to be. I could represent culture or tradition. But, literature is more important than just a historical or cultural artifact. Literature introduces us to new worlds of experience. The greatest thing about literature is how we learn about books and literature. We can enjoy comedies and tragedies of poems, stories, and plays.

What I find intriguing about literature is how we interpret the meaning of the writers work. One will never know the true meaning of what the writer meant unless we ask the writer.

message 30: by Rogerio (new)

Rogerio Ruiz | 39 comments Marielena wrote: "Literature is a way of communication and expression many people use to understand the many different languages out in the world. For example literature can be beautiful but hard to understand. In m..."

You could not write it any better. Literature is a way of communication where people can express their ideas and feelings. I also agree that literature helps us connect and understand different languages around the world.

message 31: by Luis (new)

Luis Gonzalez | 71 comments Scarlett wrote: "Literature to me is what might sound like a poetic cliche but I think its a form of writing that connects us to our emotions.

I agree the beauty of literature is in the arrangement of the words the author uses to describe his or her emotions or what is observed. I also agree the true meaning of the word selected will not be completely interpreted as the author intended. Literature is an art form and like a painting its interpretation is as different are the person admiring it.

message 32: by Rosie (last edited Jan 21, 2015 08:22PM) (new)

Rosie Castillo | 61 comments Maritza wrote: "Literature can be written or spoken in order to express different topic as poetry,drama, and fiction or non fiction. Is to discuss or analyze themes or different points. The purpose of literature i..."
I agree with Martiza that literature also expresses in different topics. Like poetry, drama, and fiction or non fiction.Well said.

message 33: by Luis (new)

Luis Gonzalez | 71 comments Jose wrote: "Literature in my opinion represents our culture, traditions, language, and or history. It is a way of letting people into our thoughts and history. We can express ourselves let our minds roam and e..."

I agree that at times it is possible to mentally transport yourself to the setting in a book or film. Literature is a form of expression and if done correctly the reader will feel him/herself transported into the setting of the book.

message 34: by Amber (new)

Amber Gonzalez (amberglz) | 29 comments Jose wrote: "Literature in my opinion represents our culture, traditions, language, and or history. It is a way of letting people into our thoughts and history. We can express ourselves let our minds roam and e..."

I agree with this post because literature gives you a sense of knowledge of our past and present through the authors words. You can sometimes relate to the theme like how The American Sniper took you back to that time of your life. In a way we can live through peoples stories and through literature we can never forget our past.

message 35: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Pena | 74 comments Literature in my opinion is the writings and speaking's of someone's thoughts and feelings. It represents language and emotions. Everything that we read is considered literature. All literature is different because every author has their own perceptions on matters. Literature covers drama, poetry, and fictional categories. It may also cover anything from the past to the present and it may consist of imaginative or creative writing. It provides us on an insight of the past or the presents cultures and places. Literature is very beneficial to us in the way that it allows us to escape from our daily routine and into another world. Sometimes literature may not require words or writings, sometimes it can contain picture literacy for younger children to develop visual comprehension. Literature is a beautiful thing because it can express and portray so many intense feelings and emotions, depending on the circumstances of the story and or the authors mood. Readings may capture different genres depending on your gender and age. Literature is also a form of communication in which we connect with an author, pertaining to the story or certain situation. Literature has the power to place you in a scenery you'd never imagine to be in! Literature has no boundaries and it can be done free minded and as one pleases. It has no limits or restrictions.

message 36: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesliemadai) | 50 comments Yvonne wrote: "Literature is the reading of written works such as books and poems. Especially important or famous written works are considered to be literature. Literature comes in so many forms from a good myste..."

I agree with this post because literature definitely captures a style of writing of the era it was written on. Literature shows us what was important to the writer and what they were going through. It definitely captures the beauty of words that your eyes can't see but your imagination will.

message 37: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesliemadai) | 50 comments Kirsten wrote: "Literature is a way people express their inner thoughts, ideas, and emotions. The purpose of this is to get an insight of what is going on in the writers mind while he/she is writing the story. Whi..."

I agree with Kirsten when she says, " literature is a way people express their inner thoughts, ideas, and emotions" because it's true. A written work is something you can imagine and not exactly imagine the same thing the writer did. Just like Kristen I also thing that "literature is very unique and beautiful and it sets us apart from everybody else."

message 38: by Maritza (new)

Maritza Cruz | 23 comments Suzette wrote: "Literature is analyzing stories, films, poems and the readings from the bible. it has to do with summarizing and critiquing. not all analylization in literature has to make sense. It could be writi..."

I agree with you Suzette imagination also involve around literature. Imagination leads you to a new world or experience.

message 39: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Nelson | 62 comments Rogerio wrote: "What is literature?

Literature is any written work that can be expressed in any form or shape such as a book, magazine, film, poetry, drama and any other written work. Literature is an idea, an id..."

Rogerio, I agree when you said, "Literature is an idea, an idea that could be real or unreal." Literature allows our minds to create or express our emotions. It's definitely a catch when trying to interpret what the author is communicating when reading in between the lines, but nonetheless, we can always make our own judgments when we do.

message 40: by Maritza (new)

Maritza Cruz | 23 comments Scarlett wrote: "Literature to me is what might sound like a poetic cliche but I think its a form of writing that connects us to our emotions. Literature, isn't the same as something you just read anywhere. Yes, li..."

I totally agree with you somehow literature can be so cliche. I just loved the way you describe each author.

message 41: by Monique (new)

Monique Freitag | 53 comments Jose wrote: "Literature in my opinion represents our culture, traditions, language, and or history. It is a way of letting people into our thoughts and history. We can express ourselves let our minds roam and e..."

I agree with your view because literature is flexible in the sense of understanding what is written or what message the writer is trying to put across. Sometimes there is no ‘right answers’ when it comes the way a story is interpreted.

message 42: by Monique (new)

Monique Freitag | 53 comments Yvonne wrote: "Literature is the reading of written works such as books and poems. Especially important or famous written works are considered to be literature. Literature comes in so many forms from a good myste..."

I agree with you on how literature can give the reader a look into the mind of the author, giving us readers a better understanding on certain eras in history and appreciate it more than before. Sometimes literature can give you more insight on events more than a movie ever could.

message 43: by Rogerio (new)

Rogerio Ruiz | 39 comments Suzette wrote: "Literature can be written to be compared to historical events that happened, since there history it makes it all the more interesting, to picture ourselves back several years or decades ago. some s..."

I agree with you when you say literature is a way people express their inner thoughts, ideas, and emotions and it is also in our nature to question the reason behind their stories. What I find very interesting is how each individual interpret the stories in various ways.

message 44: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne Torres | 72 comments Amber wrote: "Literature is the discussion of books from the past and present. We discuss the different eras and compare them. Literature helps us understand what was going on in time by how the author reflects ..."
I agree with Amber literature helps us to take a look back in time. I agree literature is important to learn what was important to people of a certain era.

message 45: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Pena | 74 comments Suzette wrote: "Literature is analyzing stories, films, poems and the readings from the bible. it has to do with summarizing and critiquing. not all analylization in literature has to make sense. It could be writi..."

Suzette wrote: "Literature is analyzing stories, films, poems and the readings from the bible. it has to do with summarizing and critiquing. not all analylization in literature has to make sense. It could be writi..."

Yes, I agree wih Suzette. Not all literature has to make sense. It can be anything. Everyone understands things in their own way depending on how they gather their information.

message 46: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne Torres | 72 comments Pearl wrote: "Literature in my opinion is the writings and speaking's of someone's thoughts and feelings. It represents language and emotions. Everything that we read is considered literature. All literature is..."
I agree with Pearl that literature depicts the emotions and thoughts of the writer. The reader can get an insight of the mind of the writer.

message 47: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Pena | 74 comments Jose wrote: "Literature in my opinion represents our culture, traditions, language, and or history. It is a way of letting people into our thoughts and history. We can express ourselves let our minds roam and e..."

Yes, I agree with Jose. Literature has no boundaries and it can be done free minded and as one pleases. It does have the power to make the reader believe he/or she is actually there.

message 48: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 56 comments It is true that literature represents many different information of our cultures, traditions and our history. .... this is how we view the world around us.

message 49: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 56 comments I agree with Pearl, literature speaks of our inner thoughts. We express many of our feelings and ideas through it.

message 50: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Leal | 47 comments I agree with Melissa how she explain Literature can also have life lessons, she makes a good example with Macbeth.

« previous 1