2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2015 > Elaina's Reading Goal 75 books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elaina (new)

Elaina Not only do want to finish 75 books in 2015 but i want 5 of those books to be the books that I've had in my currently reading shelf for far too long. i just want to finish these books already and get them done and out of the way the books are:

Tender is the Night by F Scott Fitzgerald
Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
On the Road by Jack Kerouac
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen and
The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle

message 2: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Welcome to the group, Elaina! Good luck with your challenge. I've had several of those books on my TBR shelf for far too long as well. I've been slowly working my way through the Sherlock Holmes stories, though.

Any of those books would make a great buddy read, so if you want others to discuss it with, you should mention it here. If not, no pressure!

message 3: by penneminreads (new)

penneminreads Did you enjoy Tender is the night? I want to read a book by Fitzgerald for my challenge as well; I only know The great Gatsby so far.

message 4: by Elaina (new)

Elaina Astrid wrote: "Did you enjoy Tender is the night? I want to read a book by Fitzgerald for my challenge as well; I only know The great Gatsby so far."
Yeah its ok so far I'm like half way through it and i keep putting it down to start other books i just need to find the motivation to finish it, but based on what i read so far i think the Great Gatsby is a lot better. But if you are looking for a Fitzgerald book i would suggest his book of short stories Flappers and Philosophers i really enjoyed that one :)

message 5: by Elaina (new)

Elaina I forgot to post the first three books i read this year so here they are:

1. Even White Trash Zombies Get The Blues
2. The Pearl
3. American Born Chinese

message 6: by Elaina (new)

Elaina So I finally got the last Volumes to the Y: The Last Man series (I had to order them from another library), but since its been so long since i've read them I recently re-read the first 7 Volumes before i start on the last three so here are the ones that i read:

Vol 1: Unmanned
Vol 2: Cycles
Vol 3: One Small Step
Vol 4: Safeword
Vol 5: Ring of Truth
Vol 6: Girl on Girl
Vol 7: Paper Dolls
This ends up putting 5 books ahead of schedule!

message 7: by Elaina (new)

Elaina I haven't updated this in a while and I've read a few more books since then they are:

11. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.1: cosmic avengers
12. Alice in Tumblr-land
13. Y: The Last Man Vol 8: Kimono Dragons
14. Y: The Last Man Vol 9: Motherland
15: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: angela

Also on a different note I've recently just bought Where The Sidewalk Ends and re-read it its such a good book and I had forgotten how much i loved it as a kid i used to read it at school all the time! but yeah don't mind me just having a bit of a nostalgic moment here felt i needed to share :)