Songkeeper Chronicles discussion

Fire Talk > Amos's Dictionary of Insults

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Bronte Adams (gillianbronteadams) | 23 comments Mod
Amos McElhenny is known as the self-proclaimed Master of Insults, which is both good and bad. Good because he always has something clever and amusing to say. Bad because I have to dream up every clever and amusing thing he says!

Here you can quote your favorite Amos-isms, speculate on the meaning behind what he says, and if you feel so inclined, suggest an insult or two for his dictionary!

message 2: by Gillian (new)

"Bilgewater" - this expression needs little explaining and is a bit of a throw back to Amos's youth as a child in the Waveryder village of Bryllhyn. Obviously, bilgewater is the filthy water that collects in the bilges of a ship, so Amos generally uses this term to express extreme distaste or disgust or vent his anger.

Generally it means he's in a bad mood. :)

message 3: by Hope (new)

Hope Ann (hopeann) | 15 comments Where and how did you think up of Amos's insults? I love them! :) And when his donkey talks...oh boy. I about died!

message 4: by Hope (new)

Hope | 25 comments *nods furiously* That part was the best.

message 5: by Gabriellyn (new)

Gabriellyn | 19 comments Hope wrote: "Where and how did you think up of Amos's insults? I love them! :) And when his donkey talks...oh boy. I about died!"

Yes, I really loved that part!

message 6: by Hope (new)

Hope Ann (hopeann) | 15 comments I still laugh when I think about the donkey. ;)

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 8 comments I love his insults! "Poor palavering ninny" just seems like something he'd say :)

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Clare (new)

Clare S-B (stylodedragonpur) | 50 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I love his insults! "Poor palavering ninny" just seems like something he'd say :)

[spoilers removed]"
must say that is an interesting thought!

message 9: by Gillian (new)

Palavering is such a good word ... I like this. :)