The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

YA Novels Recommendations.

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly Brigid ♡ (last edited Jan 21, 2015 09:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelly Brigid ♡ Can everyone give me some recommendations for YA novels similar to Hunger Games, Maze Runner, Cinder..etc.? Or really, just any YA novels. Thanks! :)

message 2: by Nuran (last edited Jan 21, 2015 09:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nuran Angelfall, it's dystopian but with angels. It's brutal like Hunger Games, as in there is violence against children in it. It's really good.

Kelly Brigid ♡ I've heard of Angelfall. Is it a vampire book, though? I'm personally not a fan of vampires (this isn't just because of Twilight).

message 4: by Nuran (last edited Jan 21, 2015 09:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nuran ♪~Kelly~♪ wrote: "I've heard of Angelfall. Is it a vampire book, though? I'm personally not a fan of vampires (this isn't just because of Twilight)."

There's no vampires, they have angels and demons in it, but not in the normal sense. I can't really say more or it'll spoil some of the twists.

But don't worry, the twist isn't that they sparkle, because they don't.

Kelly Brigid ♡ lol. Okay, thanks!

Deanna (A Novel Glimpse) Divergent, if you hadn't read it yet. The Selection, maybe. The Girl with All the Gifts (not YA, but may be okay).

Monise Tu'a The Shatter Me trilogy.

Delirium trilogy

Legend trilogy

A.J. These are not like The Hunger Games or The Maze Runner, but they are YA. (And they are really good)

Heist Society(Series)- Ally carter
Gallagher Girls(Series) -Ally Carter
The Queen's Thief(Series)- Megan Whalen Turner

message 10: by Karrlo (last edited Jan 22, 2015 08:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karrlo Biscocho Steelheart is an action-packed book with its sequel coming around soon.
I heard that Red Rising is a remarkable masterpiece as well. I've read reviews and testimonials from several readers and I find it quite intriguing.

Brittany Shaffer The Matched series by Ally Condie

message 12: by Kelly Brigid ♡ (last edited Jan 23, 2015 01:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelly Brigid ♡ Karrlo wrote: "Steelheart is an action-packed book with its sequel coming around soon.
I heard that Red Rising is a remarkable masterpiece as well. I've read reviews and testimonials from several readers and I f..."

Hmm, I haven't heard of either of those. Steelheart actually reminds me of the novel I'm currently writing, haha. I agree, that Red Rising, seems very intriguing. It looks similar to Ender's Game, which I loved. Thanks!

A.J. wrote: "These are not like The Hunger Games or The Maze Runner, but they are YA. (And they are really good)

Heist Society(Series)- Ally carter
Gallagher Girls(Series) -Ally Carter
The Queen's Thief(Series..."

I was actually just looking through the Gallagher Girls Series the other day. It looks pretty interesting. :)

Jess♥ wrote: "Bloodlines series
The Raven Boys series
Bloody Jack: Being an Account of the Curious Adventures of Mary "Jacky" Faber, Ship's Boy series

I actually haven't heard of any of those, thanks!

Monise wrote: "The Shatter Me trilogy.

Delirium trilogy

Legend trilogy"

Yes, I've heard of all those. Thanks!

Deanna wrote: "Divergent, if you hadn't read it yet. The Selection, maybe. The Girl with All the Gifts (not YA, but may be okay)."

I actually haven't had a chance to read Divergent yet (*every fangirl suddenly gasped*). I've heard of The Selection, but not of The Girl with All the Gifts. Thank you!

message 13: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia ♪~Kelly~♪ wrote: "Karrlo wrote: "Steelheart is an action-packed book with its sequel coming around soon.
I heard that Red Rising is a remarkable masterpiece as well. I've read reviews and testimonials from several ..."

ok cool

message 14: by josh (new) - rated it 5 stars

josh THRONE OF GLASS!!!!!!!!

Shiah The Replica Trilogy by Jenna Black
The Fallen World Trilogy by Megan Crewe
Torn Away by Jennifer Brown
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
The Half Life of Molly Pierce by Katrina Leno
Shift by Em Bailey
Made For You by Melissa Marr (Not far through this one but it's really good so far)

Kelly Brigid ♡ Shiah wrote: "The Replica Trilogy by Jenna Black
The Fallen World Trilogy by Megan Crewe
Torn Away by Jennifer Brown
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
The Half Life of Molly Pierce by Katrina Leno
Shift by Em Bai..."

Wow, that's a lot. Thanks!

Joshua wrote: "THRONE OF GLASS!!!!!!!!"

I've been DYING to read that book! It looks really good.

Maggie Idk if these may be similar but these are a few of my faves:
The Selection Series
Wintergirls
Ender's Game
The Knife of Never Letting Go
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Looking for Alaska
13 Reasons Why
Crank
How to Lose Everything: A Mostly True Story

Kelly Brigid ♡ I want to read the Selection series, I loved Ender's Game, and I've been dying to read The Knife of Never Letting Go. I haven't heard of the others, though. Thanks!

message 19: by A.J. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.J. The Gallagher series, in my opinion is not as good as Heist Society because I like the girl in Heist Society better. But it is still really good. The guys in both series are amazing!

message 20: by Demi (last edited Jul 08, 2015 07:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Demi Reddman ✞♣♫~Қεllყ~♫♣✞ wrote: "Can everyone give me some recommendations for YA novels similar to Hunger Games, Maze Runner, Cinder..etc.? Or really, just any YA novels. Thanks! :)"

I heard this novel is actually a trilogy. this book literally came out a few months ago. I saw the cover and I had to have it! it's such a good read and I finished in 3 days! so much action! I hope I convinced you into wanting to read it! Join the Breakout lol
the "rebellion is reviving!" Breakout A Storm is Coming. A Rebellion is Reviving. by Xavier Bronton