Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Book Pool: February 2015

Comments Showing 1-50 of 180 (180 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (last edited Mar 22, 2015 01:04PM) (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments This is a challenge we do every other month in the group. If you've never played, here are the rules:

Directions:

1. When you sign up pick 3 books you want to be included in the "book pool."

2. You can pick any book as long as they are YA and have been released before the challenge has started. Please no duplicates.

3. Once the challenge starts you will read books from the "pool."

4. At the end of the month whoever read the most books from the pool is the champion of that month!

Have fun!

The challenge begins on February 1st.
To claim points, please don't start your books from the pool until then!

You can sign up and add books until January 31st. After that, you can join in anytime (just without adding books).

message 2: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (last edited Mar 22, 2015 01:05PM) (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments THE WINNER IS: DANNI

Participants:

1. Sophie 3
2. Melissa 1
3. Danly 14
4. Hannah 4
5. Heather
6. Leah 7
7. Jess 6
8. Erin
9. Ashling 3
10. Jen
11. Jenn
12. Rachel 14
13. Theresa 5
14. Paulina 2
15. Ilona 7
16. Emily
17.Ellie 9
18. Samantha 1
19. Cara 3
20. ╰⊰✿LeahAnna{Loves To Read}✿⊱╮ 6
21. Paula 1
22. Amy 7
23. Ashlyn 3
24. Joi 1
25. Megan 1
26. SharleneSays 4
27. Ambs ♥♥ 5
28. Breanne
29. Audrey
30. Donita 1
31. Andrea
32. Claire 2
33. Cynthia 6
34. Danni 16
35. Vicki 5
36. Jessica
37. Clarence

message 4: by Payton (new)

Payton | 11 comments This sounds like great fun.

message 5: by Payton (new)

Payton | 11 comments I can add books of my choice?

message 9: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

message 10: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Payton wrote: "I can add books of my choice?"

Yes! As long as they follow the rules in message one.

message 12: by Ambs ❤❤ (new)

Ambs ❤❤ (hannonan) | 134 comments I'm in :D Will post in my picks in a few days.

message 13: by Leah (new)

message 14: by Jess (new)

message 15: by Erin (new)

Erin Bell | 13 comments I'm in. Except how do u add the picture of the book?

message 16: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments Erin wrote: "I'm in. Except how do u add the picture of the book?"

Check out THIS thread.

message 17: by Erin (new)

Erin Bell | 13 comments Thank so much!

message 18: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7529 comments You're welcome!

message 19: by Erin (new)

message 20: by Jen (last edited Jan 22, 2015 06:18AM) (new)

Jen I'm in!

Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth

message 21: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Sternshein (bookdorkjenn) | 449 comments i'm in

Mind Games (Mind Games, #1) by Kiersten White These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman Defy (Defy, #1) by Sara B. Larson

message 22: by Rae ❤ツ (last edited Jan 22, 2015 12:44PM) (new)

Rae ❤ツ | 74 comments im in

Just One Year (Just One Day, #2) by Gayle Forman 1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, #1) by James Patterson Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth

message 23: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Thanks everyone for joining!

message 24: by Erin (new)

Erin Bell | 13 comments Can i read a book that I added?

message 25: by Theresa (last edited Jan 22, 2015 01:48PM) (new)

Theresa (teresitac78) | 340 comments I'm in.
Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han

message 26: by Paulina (new)

Paulina Maurovich (paulinamaurovich13) | 423 comments Im in

Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts

message 27: by Ilona (new)

Ilona (Ilona-s) | 213 comments Erin wrote: "Can i read a book that I added?"

Yes, you can read any book in the bookpool, books that you added or others added. You just have to begin to read it and finish it during February. You can even read again a book if you want, as long as it's in February.

I'm in

The Silence of Medair (Medair, #1) by Andrea K. Höst The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black Splintered (Splintered, #1) by A.G. Howard

message 28: by Emily (new)

message 29: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 418 comments I'm in!

Two Lies and a Spy (Two Lies and a Spy, #1) by Kat Carlton The Naturals (The Naturals, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay

message 30: by Ilona (new)

Ilona (Ilona-s) | 213 comments 1st to Die isn't a YA novel. Or the summary doesn't let it appear with the main characters having jobs like police inspector, "head ME on the case", "fledgling newspaper reporter" and "assistant D.A."

message 31: by Samantha McNulty (new)

Samantha McNulty Totally in!

Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2) by Kerstin Gier Emerald Green (Precious Stone Trilogy, #3) by Kerstin Gier Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant

message 32: by Cara (new)

Cara (caramariew) | 406 comments This will be fun!
Ignite (Defy, #2) by Sara B. Larson Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Buzz Kill by Beth Fantaskey

message 33: by Paula (new)

message 34: by Annie (new)

message 35: by Ashlyn (new)

message 36: by Joi (last edited Jan 28, 2015 05:38AM) (new)

Joi | 989 comments i'm in.

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin

message 37: by Megan (last edited Jan 27, 2015 10:36PM) (new)

message 38: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (sharlenehuriwai) | 148 comments I told myself no monthly challenges because I didn't want to feel burdened but there are a number on this list on my TBR for 2015. My hope is to finish series I've started, so here are my picks:

The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #3) by Michelle Hodkin Redeemed (House of Night, #12) by P.C. Cast and because the next books are listed: Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

message 39: by Ambs ❤❤ (new)

Ambs ❤❤ (hannonan) | 134 comments My picks. . .finally!

The Final Warning (Maximum Ride, #4) by James Patterson Ender's Shadow (Ender's Shadow, #1) by Orson Scott Card The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa

message 40: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Rachel ❤ツ wrote: "im in

Just One Year (Just One Day, #2) by Gayle Forman1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, #1) by James PattersonAllegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth"

Rachel, I need a replacement for 1st to Die since it is an adult book.

message 41: by Breanne (new)

Breanne (breegreen_books) | 27 comments I'm in :) These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee

message 42: by Audrey (last edited Jan 28, 2015 01:11PM) (new)

Audrey (audreybooklover) I'm in! The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2) by Richelle Mead I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1) by Ally Carter Dark Life (Dark Life, #1) by Kat Falls

message 43: by Ilona (last edited Jan 28, 2015 06:30PM) (new)

Ilona (Ilona-s) | 213 comments Breanne wrote: "I'm in :)These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie KaufmanSnow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara RaaschAngelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee"

They are all already in the bookpool. Can you please pick other books ?

Audrey wrote: " Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare"

It was also already added (with the first and third book of the Infernal Devices trilogy). So you have two other books to add.

message 44: by Breanne (last edited Jan 28, 2015 02:16PM) (new)

Breanne (breegreen_books) | 27 comments Okay :) Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green The Museum of Intangible Things by Wendy Wunder The Silence of Six by E.C. Myers

message 45: by Donita (last edited Jan 28, 2015 05:30PM) (new)

Donita Luz (donitaluz) | 95 comments Im in! The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy, #1) by Sherry Thomas Cracked (Soul Eater, #1) by Eliza Crewe In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra Bracken

message 46: by Andrea (last edited Jan 28, 2015 11:08PM) (new)

Andrea Rowland | 14 comments Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
I'm in!

message 47: by Claire (last edited Jan 29, 2015 01:56AM) (new)

Claire (lindlec) | 186 comments I'm in

Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1) by Bethany Griffin

Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill

Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer

message 48: by Rae ❤ツ (last edited Jan 29, 2015 09:47AM) (new)

Rae ❤ツ | 74 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "Rachel ❤ツ wrote: "im in

Just One Year (Just One Day, #2) by Gayle Forman1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, #1) by James PattersonAllegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth"

Rachel, I need a replacement for 1st to Die since it is an adult book."

Opps
Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate

message 49: by Cynthia (last edited Jan 30, 2015 12:28PM) (new)

Cynthia | 6107 comments I'm in c;
Fable (Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #3) by Chanda Hahn Life is But a Dream by Brian James The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

message 50: by Danni (new)

Danni (luciepurr) | 206 comments I'm in.
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer Far From You by Tess Sharpe Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas

« previous 1 3 4