Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2) Siege and Storm question

Alina and... Mal?
Anam Maqsood Anam Jan 21, 2015 08:21AM
I've been 'Team Mal' ever since the first book. I think he's the only one who actually cares about Alina, who gave up basically his whole life for her. But still, he's scared of her changing even more with her power, and still scared of losing her.
I think the Darkling only wants Alina because of her power, and what HE can gain with it. It might be love, but not the kind Mal and Alina have for each other. That, no matter what, can never be forgotten by either of them. I think most people are team Darkling bc of the 'lack of chemistry' between Alina and Mal, but what do you expect? They're in war, trying to figure out who they are, and what they want.
I have a really, really bad feeling that Mal (and a whole lot of others) might die in the next book. I really want it to end where it started, with the boy and girl happy with each other.
I don't completely hate the Darkling. He's a VERY interesting character, and I would love to read from his POV to see what's really going on in his head (and heart... if he has one). But for now, I just think he's lonely, hungry, greedy, and stunning.
I wish I wish with all my heart that Alina and Mal will find a way back together, because that's how it was always meant to be. I don't want her to end up living hundreds of years, see Mal die, and be used by the Darkling for her power.
It's all gotten so confusing now, which is why I can't wait to read the last book. The only person who lessens the tension a bit is of course... Nikolai. I HOPE HE DOESN'T DIE! That's what always comes to my mind when I meet a good character... 'I hope they don't die.'

deleted member (last edited Jan 30, 2015 03:10PM ) Jan 30, 2015 03:06PM   2 votes
I haven't read Ruin and Rising yet (It's on my shelf right now) but so far, I really dislike Mal. (Currently Shipping Nikolai and Alina)

I dont really like mal I wish she ended up with Nikolai

Looks like you and I share the same views on these books. I actually think that Mal and Alina have a lot of chemistry, but like you said they are pretty much in a war zone and it's difficult to have many cutesy moments during all of that. I look forward to what you think about Ruin and Rising =)

Is it only me who is team darkling? though i know its all fake and fabricated i cant help but cling to him. Dark, evil males give the thrills.

(just like Warner in the shatter me series)
./////.