Our Novel Escape discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2015 Finished Reads Discussions > February BOTM Nominations- Romance

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katherine, Monthly Group Reads (last edited Jan 21, 2015 09:15AM) (new)

Katherine | 464 comments Mod
Nominate the romance book you want to read for February HERE!!!

It can be any sort of romance; young adult, adult, historical romance, inspirational romance. Any plot line that has a romantic storyline can be nominated. More than one nomination per person is allowed.

However, erotic or BDSM nominations will not be considered due to content matter (i.e. no Fifty Shades of Grey.).

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (ohfiddlesticks) | 13 comments What about Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen? That's my nomination! :)

message 3: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker The Art of Hearing Heartbeats is a beautiful love story.

message 4: by Katherine, Monthly Group Reads (new)

Victoria wrote: "What about Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen? That's my nomination! :)"

That one's fine :D

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
Anna Karenina
Now, that is a romantic story!

message 6: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (ohfiddlesticks) | 13 comments Katherine wrote: "Victoria wrote: "What about Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen? That's my nomination! :)"

That one's fine :D"

We'll see if anyone else agrees! :)

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition Elizabeth wrote: "The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp SendkerThe Art of Hearing Heartbeats is a beautiful love story."

omg, Thanks Elizabeth,I changed my mind, I'm going to read this book in February, regardless whether it is voted in or not... it sounds really good!

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition Victoria wrote: "Katherine wrote: "Victoria wrote: "What about Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen? That's my nomination! :)"

That one's fine :D"

We'll see if anyone else agrees! :)"

My personal opinion is that P & P is the best novel of all time and Elizabeth Bennett is my favorite protagonist, but I have read it about 5,000 times.
I would participate in the discussion, though.

message 9: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ Terry wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp SendkerThe Art of Hearing Heartbeats is a beautiful love story."

omg, Thanks Elizabeth,I changed my mind, I'm going to..."

It is so good. And has a sequel out now.

message 10: by Katherine, Monthly Group Reads (new)

I nominate:

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë Far from the Madding Crowd  by Thomas Hardy Forevermore by Cindy Miles The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) by Paullina Simons

message 11: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) | 108 comments Anyone up for Villette, by Charlotte Brontë?

message 12: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer I would like to second the nomination for Anna Karenina. I loved this book when I read it ages ago.

message 13: by Christina (new)

Christina (christvll72) How about classic historical romance LORNA DOONE (illustrated) by R. D. Blackmore

message 14: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Zgieb | 1 comments I nominate:
Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel

message 15: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (regency_reader) | 108 comments I’ve never read Lorna Doone—that could be fun!

message 16: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (Becksinhb) | 12 comments When will we know about the Feb. read

message 17: by Katherine, Monthly Group Reads (new)

Rebecca wrote: "When will we know about the Feb. read"

Nominations end on the 26th, and the poll will be set up the next day.

message 18: by Donna (last edited Jan 25, 2015 09:59AM) (new)

Donna I've had The Art of Hearing Heartbeats on my TBR for ages. It sounds really good.

Another book I've wanted to get to for a while is Mariana, a wonderful historical romance. So I nominate that one. I love anything by Susanna Kearsley.

message 19: by Barb (new)

Barb (barby22) | 5 comments I've also had The Art of Hearing Heartbeats on my TBR list. Looks like a really beautiful love story!

message 20: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ It is such a great love story and not in a sentimental or sappy way.

message 21: by Katherine, Monthly Group Reads (new)

**Nominations are now closed. Thank you for your nominations!!!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.