Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children discussion

Books I Have Read

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen-Leigh (last edited Jan 21, 2015 07:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen-Leigh After a lifetime of reading solitary it is fascinating to open Goodreads and see the sidebar of questions and comments and realize that I have read 8 of the 10 books under discussion. I read all the Elric books, I collected the Mitford books, I just finished Miss Peregrine, I love Dorothy Parker poetry and short stories, and so on. It really hits me to feel a part of something. I have all of the Hell books also by Janet Morris and reread them at least once every couple years. Maupin's Babycakes...I have the series and loved the tv mini series. The Stone Angel another book I enjoyed. Connections, connections, connections. I also collect everything by and about Hunter S. Thompson. On Tumblr I love to see people's libraries but notice that I am not keeping up with current print...Miss Peregrine was an aberration on my part so I felt I was again out of step with the world until I saw the first discussion lists and connected with so many of the subjects. I just recently watched Seabiscuit and did a book search for biography's of that horse.

Tolly I love goodreads just for that. I look at what my friends are reading, I laugh along with reviews. Goodreads is awesome. I love Miss Peregrine, just for being a damn good story.

Karen-Leigh I agree. It was different from anything I had been reading in a long time and was fascinating. It did leave me hanging and to hear that there is a sequel is good news.

message 4: by Tom (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tom Karen-leigh wrote: "After a lifetime of reading solitary it is fascinating to open Goodreads and see the sidebar of questions and comments and realize that I have read 8 of the 10 books under discussion. I read all ..."

The Kindle version of the book on which the movie (Seabiscuit) was based was on sale a bit ago. Might be worth checking it out.

Karen-Leigh Tom wrote: "Karen-leigh wrote: "After a lifetime of reading solitary it is fascinating to open Goodreads and see the sidebar of questions and comments and realize that I have read 8 of the 10 books under discu..."

Thanks, I will do a search.