John Sandford discussion

All his books

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Hogan | 1 comments My husband and I started reading John Sandford about a year ago. Since then we have gotten a list and read all of his books in the "Prey" series and as many of the Virgil Flowers books I have been able to find. I just got hooked on his characters. I couldn't wait for the next book to come out to see what happens to them. The violence is a little much sometime but all the rest makes it a really good read.

message 2: by David (new)

David Kitchener (azkitch1) | 2 comments Don't miss the Kidd/LuEllen series. I like the Flowers books the best, but Kidd is a close second. I've read all of Sandford's fiction so far--including the short story collaboration in Faceoff and the short story in Muder On The Green.
I've got an exhaustive list of series/authors I've read, many of them of the police procedural genre or wisecracking detective protagonist, IE Spenser by Robert B. Parker, Elvis Cole/Joe Pike by Robert Crais, and--sliding into supernatural, Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, my favorite stuff. There's more where that came from!!

message 3: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Winston | 1 comments Hey David,
I've read ALL of John Sanford, from that "effin' Flowers" to the Kidd books. Must say, I've grown to really love the Flowers books. As for the others mentioned in your list, I have a list that's almost identical. However, I've never heard of the Desden Files by Jim Butcher. Mmm... something to look forward to. Thanks for the tip!

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary | 1 comments Hello I joined this group today. Is anyone still active or interested in the topic? Mary

message 5: by David (new)

David Kitchener (azkitch1) | 2 comments I'm always interested in Sandford books. I haven't read his Young Adult books he's written recently. I've exhausted both the Davenport and Flowers books. Don't miss the short story in "Murder In The Rough".

message 6: by Emilee (new)

Emilee Ashline (eashline92) Currently reading "Gathering Prey." It's good so far but then again none of his books ever let me down

message 7: by John (new)

John Murray (john949) | 1 comments I'm on "Certain Prey", myself (Davenport #10). I cycle through several authors and series, but whenever I'm back to Sandford, it amazes me how quickly I chew through his books. I'm no scan-reader, either. It's a testament to his suspense-building prowess and outright ability to keep his readers engaged all throughout.

message 8: by Kalexios (new)

Kalexios Yousifus | 1 comments Spoiler Alert!!
Is it just me or is Lucas Davenport very similar to Justified's Raylan Givens?
Both have on and off with ex-wives. Lucas has Letty and Raylan has Loretta as wards, kind of. I'm on season 5 of Justified and Raylan expressed his fear of flying. Lucas has been a US Marshall for some time. The introduction of Rae Givens in later novels did trigger an alarm. Did one of the authors read the other's works?
In general, from watching Raylan on Justified I can't help but think that he and Lucas are the same person, albeit from different settings. Anyone else got that vibe?