2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Omens (Cainsville, #1)
This topic is about Omens
. Week 11: One Word Title > Omens by Kelley Armstrong

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elizabeth | 2 comments I picked this one because I read Armstrong's first two books a while back, "Bitten" and "Stolen," which were pretty good. This is the first book in a new mystery series of hers, so I figured I'd check it out. I'm halfway through, and so far it's not terrible but it hasn't impressed me yet either. We'll see! :)

Elizabeth | 2 comments Finished this one over the weekend. I like when authors try new things, so I am not unhappy that I picked this up. However, it left me rather disappointed. Maybe Armstrong just hasn't hit her mystery genre stride - there were good elements but they were handled a bit poorly. I was on the fence the whole time about finishing the book, and I can't say I'm excited to start the second. But who knows, maybe other readers will love it! Three stars, middle of the road.

Sarah | 186 comments I also read this one for this week. It had been on my to-read list for awhile now. I loved her otherworld series and thought that I would give this a try.

I really enjoyed it, the only part I didn't like was that I still don't know how its going to end. This just means I need to read the second one soon! There are parts of it that left me wanting to stop reading and look things up to see what they mean, but I figured if I did that it might spoil the book. lol

.•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• I loved her Women of the Otherworld series. I also liked the Nadia Strafford series (Mystery) starting with Exit Strategy.

I haven't read Omens yet, but it is on my to-read list.