Mock Printz 2022 discussion

Mock Printz 2015 > 2015 Predictions

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Friebel (jenna_friebel) | 86 comments We're so close to finding out this year's winners! What are your predictions for winner and honors for the 2015 Printz Award?

message 2: by Alpha Selene (new)

Alpha Selene (alphaselene) | 6 comments My top contenders are: We Were Liars, Noggin and I'll Give You the Sun.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (gsarahthelibrarian) My top contenders were Gabi, a Girl in Pieces, Grasshopper Jungle, and The Unfinished Life of Addison Stone. And I'm hoping the committee finds some book that flew under everyone's radar.

message 4: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Bartels | 6 comments I'm struggling with The Unfinished Life of Addison Stone, thought the twist in Belzahr was idiotic, We Were Liars was okay (not sure why it was all over everyone's best books lists) and think I'll Give You the Sun was fantastic. I just wish they'd stop comparing Jandy Nelson to John Greene and Rainbow Rowell -- those comparisons were enough to make me not want to read it, but I really liked The Sky Is Everywhere -- it won our library's Mock Printz -- so I had to give Sun a shot. So glad I did. I finished it in three days. But I haven't read everything on the list yet.

message 5: by Maureen (new)

Maureen (mhsquier) | 79 comments Putting my vote in for Family Romanov - I loved this book, and would love to see a nonfiction title take the top prize. Would love to see And We Stay and The Crossover on this list.

message 6: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Kensinger-Klopfer | 2 comments The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender, Noggin, and the 100 Sideways Miles top my list for 2014. I also loved the Family Romanov and the Port Chicago 50, but I am not sure if they are more of a shoe-in for non-fiction awards.

message 7: by Mary HD (new)

Mary HD (marymaclan) | 82 comments I'll Give You The Sun for the top prize (loved it!), The Crossover (also terrific!) and The Family Romanov for honors

message 8: by Mary HD (new)

Mary HD (marymaclan) | 82 comments I am delighted about the Printz for I"LL GIVE YOU THE SUN - and THE CROSSOVER got the Newbery! I am a very happy librarian - and reader - today!