Reading Wodehouse discussion

Monthly Reads > February 2015 Monthly Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine | 3 comments Wart wrote: "This is the nomination post for our February monthly read."

Stiff Upper Lip, Jeeves

Aunts Aren't Gentlemen

message 2: by Hunter (new)

Hunter Murphy (huntermurphywriter) | 18 comments Christine wrote: "Wart wrote: "This is the nomination post for our February monthly read."

Stiff Upper Lip, Jeeves

Aunts Aren't Gentlemen"

Those look like fun, Christine! I'm interested in reading either one of these. Btw, I really enjoyed our January read Death at the Excelsior and Other Stories.

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine | 3 comments Hi Hunter. I'm glad you really liked Death at the Excelsior and Other Stories. Maybe I need to expand my view of Wodehouse but I only really enjoyed the Bertie and Jeeves stories. What is your opinion of Reggie Pepper? I find him to be very Bertie-esque and let's not forget that Jeeves first name is Reginald. This book was early Wodehouse and I think he was still finding his characters. Looking forward to your opinion.

message 4: by Hunter (new)

Hunter Murphy (huntermurphywriter) | 18 comments Christine wrote: "Hi Hunter. I'm glad you really liked Death at the Excelsior and Other Stories. Maybe I need to expand my view of Wodehouse but I only really enjoyed the Bertie and Jeeves stories. What is your o..."

Christine, I thought Reggie Pepper was a scream. Oh, I laughed. Ridiculous fun was he. My favorites in the collection were the two Jeeves stories and the two Reggie P. tales. I agree with you about him finding his way through these stories (and I saw a lot of Jeeves omniscience in the character Ms. Snyder in the title story).

And btw, I had no idea that Jeeves first name was Reginald. :) Glad to know that. I hope all's well with you these days!