Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Memoir > Life is Trichy-Memoir of a mental health therapist with a mental health disorder

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Muller (lifeistrichy) | 3 comments My hair is scattered across my keyboard, desktop, and floor; yet, I need to find a way to continue my typing. I know what this means. This is not a hallucination. This is not a dream. This is not a random actuality. This is something called Trichotillomania.

More strands of hair fall than remain attached. Boredom. A dime-sized region of baldness becomes the diameter of a grapefruit. Fear. Relapse becomes the norm. Disappointment. A classmate finds out and questions a solitary hair spike. Humiliation.

I did not mean to pull out my hair, but I did. I do not know what I was thinking or feeling at the time, but I pulled anyway. I wish I could announce that it was an isolated incident, but it continued…

*From the back cover of Life is Trichy

LIFE IS TRICHY is the true story of a twenty-nine-year-old lifelong perfectionist, who struggled with the mental health disorders of skin picking, nail biting, and hair pulling. Starting from a young age, this resulted in years spent hiding her body focused repetitive behaviors from everyone she knew, while simultaneously pursuing a professional career in psychology to treat others with the same exact challenges. She tactfully weaves the actions, feelings, and thoughts from years of sitting in the patient’s seat, with her professional, psychological knowledge in the clinician’s seat. Lindsey’s personal struggle mixes with factual information to elucidate the tricky and unspoken truth about a classification of disorders affecting approximately five percent of the population. Life is Trichy is appropriate for clinicians, patients, family and friends of hair pullers, and curious minds.

A portion of book sales will be donated to Trichotillomania research.

message 2: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Muller (lifeistrichy) | 3 comments Reviews on Amazon and Instagram: lmullertherapy

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Garrison | 12 comments Love this as a fellow psychologist. I'll be checking it out!

Wounds of the Father A True Story of Child Abuse, Betrayal, and Redemption by Elizabeth Garrison

message 4: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Muller (lifeistrichy) | 3 comments Thank you Elizabeth!