Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) Heir of Fire discussion

Aelin or Celeana?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sophia Am I the only one who feels as though Aelin and Celeana are two completely different people?

Dominique Salcedo CelAENLINa

PinkPepper Nope I did too. Though I have to say I like both of them. Celeana was fierce and brave and well an assassin, and scared the life out of almost everyone. I loved that! But Aelin was fierce and had magic and was not human and a queen. I can Not wait till the next book comes out

Mirou Bookworm wrote: "Nope I did too. Though I have to say I like both of them. Celeana was fierce and brave and well an assassin, and scared the life out of almost everyone. I loved that! But Aelin was fierce and had m..."

Yep, I agree with you, Aelin is Celeana but in all her aspects

Kate I feel that both Celaena and Aelin are different, but they're still in essence the same person. they're the two sides to a very powerful, potentially lethal coin. Celaena is a courageous and fearless assassin who, despite the horrors which forged her abilities, is a good person who loves and hates and fears and rejoices like any other person on the continent. But on the flipside of that Aelin is a being whose power is almost limitless. She's also someone we know virtually nothing about aside from the fact that she is the biggest threat to the King of Adarlan and the empire he carved himself through blood and brutality. Celaena has the potential to become a monster if she thinks it will protect those she loves, even if the protection they need is from the monster she becomes, but she always pulls herself back from the darkness inside her. (view spoiler) Aelin is bound to her kingdom by her name, as an Ashryver Galathynius she doesn't have much choice but to be Terrasen's heir. That's her birthright and an obligation she can't just walk away from. Celaena's four year contract to the King of Adarlan is an obligation that she can't walk away from, at least not without killing one of her friends and another friends family. They're the same person but they're just two sides to the one person. They want the same things, they just want to go about getting them different ways.

Sophia Kathrine wrote: "I feel that both Celaena and Aelin are different, but they're still in essence the same person. they're the two sides to a very powerful, potentially lethal coin. Celaena is a courageous and fearle..."

I couldn't have put it more perfectly :)