TBTL sTens Book Club discussion

Jan '15 Beautiful Ruins > Beautiful Ruins Discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen C (pinkfaith) | 6 comments Mod
Have you all finished Beautiful Ruins yet? This is the place to discuss it. What did you think? Likes/dislikes? Favorite quotes? Have any questions you'd like to ask the group? Here are some ideas: http://www.litlovers.com/reading-guid...

message 2: by Kathleen (new)

I finished the book and quite liked it. I loved the flipping back and forth between stories and time. I loved towards the end of the book in Chapter 19 when Pasquo returns the lady's ring from the beach and he wasn't sure he would have done it if his mamma weren't watching, "how much easier life would be if our intentions and our desires could always be aligned." And poor Pasquo, the two times he meets Dee she's sick and fragile. I liked the different stories going on in the book, kept things interesting. And Donner! I loved that pitch, I could see the whole film. Any other thoughts?

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie | 2 comments I quite liked this book too. The time travel aspect took a bit of time to get used to, but it was so necessary to the story, as the relationship between Pasquale and Dee took place during many generations and I thought was the central part of the story. I could just imagine the bunker with the paintings. I could also envision the "tennis court" on the side of the cliff, and it made me chuckle.

message 4: by Kathleen (new)

I thought the tennis court sounded so cool, until it was pointed out that the balls would fly away.