Imps of Goldstone Wood discussion

The Great Imp Theory

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by H.S.J. (last edited Jan 21, 2015 03:41PM) (new)

H.S.J. Williams | 374 comments Mod
Welcome to the GIT! What do the Imps believe will come to pass in the future of Goldstone Wood? What have they deduced from clever hints? What are things that they are convinced simply MUST happen?

message 2: by Ghost Ryter (new)

Ghost Ryter | 117 comments Hmph, and when I saw this discussion topic, I thought this was going to be about whether or not Anne Elisabeth truly believes us lot are parasites. ;)
Sooner or later, we're going to have to learn the story of the Mherking. He's been mentioned in "Heartless", "Moonblood", and "Starflower", annnd... I think "Shadow Hand"? Anyway. I hope we do get to see the Goldstone Wood take take on merefolk!

message 3: by H.S.J. (new)

You know, I thought about starting a discussion about that Imp thing. ;)

Ah yes, the Mherking!!! One of the biggest things we know about him is that he attempted to steal the Flowing Gold for some mortal beauty. I've gotten the impression he may not be the most committed of men though....but I definitely want to see more of this undersea kingdom!!!!

message 4: by Maggie (last edited Jan 20, 2015 09:09PM) (new)

Maggie (awildmaggo) | 28 comments Maybe there's a chance that the Mherking will be mentioned once again in Poison Crown ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

message 5: by Anne (new)

Anne Stengl | 12 comments Mod
*ducks in momentarily to drop a hint*

There is a relatively important mher-character featured in POISON CROWN . . .

*ducks back out again*

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 29 comments On the subject of mher-people: do we know what kind of being Una encounters at the end of Heartless? *should probably know this but can't remember*

@Anne Elisabeth: O_o

message 7: by Ghost Ryter (new)

Ghost Ryter | 117 comments It's never mentioned what exactly the person who talked with Una on the beach was, but since Una can't see her I've always thought she was maybe a Nyrad.

message 8: by H.S.J. (new)

We love you, Anne Elisabeth!!!!!!!!!!!! Mher People in Poison Crown, I was not expecting!

I've always been curious about that sea person talking to Una too.

message 9: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Morgan | 12 comments SERIOUSLY looking forward to the Mherking, I've had a most fervent character-crush on him and the description of his design since his cameo at the end of Heartless....

Well, we know we have to find out how Eanrin lost his eyes sometime, and we have to see Felix again someday, and we have to see what happens with Lionheart, since his character arc is still unresolved, and my guess is Moonblood isn't the last time we're going to see Beana...We're probably going to see the Ashiun Brothers again (I personally can't wait to see more of Akilun), and something tells me we haven't seen the last of Bebo and Iubdan either, and Diarmid's history, then there's the historical figures of each of the nations...

I'd be really interested in seeing a story that takes place in the Fae world aside from the bits and pieces we've seen until now.

Yep. So I probably missed a thousand foreshadowed hints, but oh well. :)

message 10: by Ghost Ryter (new)

Ghost Ryter | 117 comments Melanie wrote: "SERIOUSLY looking forward to the Mherking, I've had a most fervent character-crush on him and the description of his design since his cameo at the end of Heartless....

Well, we know we have to fin..."

So many stories to be told...*squeals with excitement*

message 11: by Rina (new)

Rina | 10 comments The portrait in Captain Sunan's cabin isn't quite resolved yet. We at least know about the ring and the gem, but I think there's more to his story still.

Can someone remind me what we know of Poison Crown? I was trying to find it on Anne Elisabeth's blog but not having any success. Or was it in the Golden Daughter release fb author chat that she gave some hints?

message 12: by Athelas (new)

Athelas Hale (athelashale) | 39 comments Rina wrote: "The portrait in Captain Sunan's cabin isn't quite resolved yet. We at least know about the ring and the gem, but I think there's more to his story still.

Can someone remind me what we know of Poi..."

It was at the Golden Daughter Facebook release party that she gave the hints. Here's what she said:

1. The story was referenced in MOONBLOOD. Several times.
2. Part of it was referenced in HEARTLESS too.
3. We're going to get a good idea of how the ring finally makes its way to Una . . .
4. . . . and that may (quite possibly!) involve the portrait we saw hanging in Captain Sunan's cabin on the Kulap Kanya.
5. Sunan's in it. Major character.
6. We might actually get an origin story for someone's nephew. We might not . . . but, well, we might.
7. There are probably two-dozen connections to the rest of the series featured in this book! Can't even think of them all right now . . .
8. It's likely to be bigger than GOLDEN DAUGHTER, but I'm not sure about that yet.
9. We're going to see someone from DRAGONWITCH again . . . someone you have absolutely forgotten about. In fact, almost everyone has forgotten about this someone (except for me, because I don't forget my minor characters!)

message 13: by Athelas (new)

Athelas Hale (athelashale) | 39 comments (I may or may not have copied it onto a StickyNote and put it on my desktop. :p)

message 14: by Jemma (new)

Jemma (jemmathebookelf) | 50 comments I think it might be about the mortal lady who got to control the dragons, that was mentioned in Moonblood, because you know, Dragons = Poison, mortal lady might = queen?

message 15: by H.S.J. (new)

WHOA. Jemma. Tave....I forgot about her......you genius.......

message 16: by Jemma (new)

Jemma (jemmathebookelf) | 50 comments Thanks Hannah

message 17: by H.S.J. (new)

And Tave was what the faeries called her, so she'll likely be called something else at first. Wow. I can't believe I forgot about her.

message 18: by Ghost Ryter (new)

Ghost Ryter | 117 comments Also, we're going to have a lot of Sir Rogan. : )

message 19: by H.S.J. (new)

I've got this wish that somehow Rogan slipped onto a faerie path and went somewhere else right as the Dragon supposedly toasted him. !!!!!!!!!

message 20: by Ghost Ryter (new)

Ghost Ryter | 117 comments Hannah wrote: "I've got this wish that somehow Rogan slipped onto a faerie path and went somewhere else right as the Dragon supposedly toasted him. !!!!!!!!!"

Best. Headcanon. Ever. I'm holding that thought close to my heart, and nobody can take it from me!!

message 21: by Athelas (new)

Athelas Hale (athelashale) | 39 comments Jemma wrote: "I think it might be about the mortal lady who got to control the dragons, that was mentioned in Moonblood, because you know, Dragons = Poison, mortal lady might = queen?"

What if she's the one who is in Sunan's picture? Maybe not, but...

message 22: by H.S.J. (new)

Maybe! I'm seeing that more as the princess though.......Also remember that the price for controlling the dragons was sacrificing a child to the Dragon...at least that's what the Dragon indicated...

message 23: by Rina (new)

Rina | 10 comments Thanks Athelas!

Oooh, love everyone's thoughts on what may be! :-)

message 24: by Micailah (last edited Jan 22, 2015 12:58PM) (new)

Micailah | 2 comments I can't help but wonder at the many connections between Golden Daughter and Goddess Tithe. Is Sunan really Captain Sunan? How did he change? How did the ring come into Una's possession? Oh, so many wonderful stories have yet to be told within the Goldstone Wood!

message 25: by H.S.J. (new)

Oh yes, this Sunan is truly the Captain Sunan. Notice how Risafeth tries to insult him. Clearly, he has a no aging sort of thing like Imraldera. And the ring...well, the Northern woman in his painting has an opal ring...and Sunan is apparently also going to be in Poison Crown which is set in the North Country...

message 26: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 1 comments I think the woman in Sunan's painting could be an ancestor of Una(I can't remember how long before the events of Heartless Anne Elisabeth said Poison Crown was, though). Una said her mother gave her the opal ring and the only other person we know of whose had it besides Una's family is Sunan.

message 27: by H.S.J. (new)

Yep, yep, it certainly seems like that will be the case! :)

message 28: by Micailah (new)

Micailah | 2 comments Oh Poison Crown is going to be so awesome!:)
I wonder if Lady Hariawan has another part to play in this story as well....

message 29: by Ghost Ryter (new)

Ghost Ryter | 117 comments Micailah wrote: "Oh Poison Crown is going to be so awesome!:)
I wonder if Lady Hariawan has another part to play in this story as well...."

Which would be really interesting to see when she and a certain man meet up again, because apparently while he's not aging we see from "Veiled Rose" that she is.

message 30: by Athelas (last edited Feb 11, 2015 06:47PM) (new)

Athelas Hale (athelashale) | 39 comments I was looking at old blog posts on Anne Elisabeth's blog, and found this

"But perhaps one day I’ll have the opportunity to tell a story . . . a story about a lost slave with no memory, a band of minstrel-spies, a secret passage, and a ruthless queen . . ."

This is Poison Crown.

Ghost wrote: "Micailah wrote: "Oh Poison Crown is going to be so awesome!:)
I wonder if Lady Hariawan has another part to play in this story as well...."

Which would be really interesting to see when she and a ..."

You know, I was thinking about that, and realized that... I don't think she's been aging. Throughout the whole novel, while in the realm of dreams, we got glimpses of Lady Hariawan as she appears in Veiled Rose. I don't know what would happen if she left the temple, but... I imagine that she would be beautiful again, look as she did in Golden Daughter.

message 31: by Anne (new)

*Update Spoiler*

I had to oust the poor minstrel-spies. They never quite fit right . . .

But the rest of that description still stands!

*Ducks Out Again*

message 32: by Ghost Ryter (last edited Feb 11, 2015 07:03PM) (new)

Ghost Ryter | 117 comments Anne wrote: "*Update Spoiler*

*Ducks Out Again*"

IS THE SLAVE SUNAN??? (I don't actually expect an answer to that.)

message 33: by Ghost Ryter (new)

Ghost Ryter | 117 comments @Athelas: I'm not sure I follow you...

message 34: by H.S.J. (new)

OH!!! Oh, I just love the hints!

Yes, Ghostie, I just thought of that same thing. How ironic if so...

I think Athelas means that when Hariawan's true self looked like a hag. In Ay Ibunda she would like a hag, but if she could ever enter the mortal world again (which I doubt) she might still look a beautiful young woman. Kind of like Imraldera and Sunan's agelessness.

message 35: by Athelas (new)

Athelas Hale (athelashale) | 39 comments Anne wrote: "*Update Spoiler*

*Ducks Out Again*"

Ooh... (Just curious, but do you frequently read these threads and snicker about everything we get wrong? :p)

Hannah wrote:
I think Athelas means that when Hariawan's true self looked like a hag. In Ay Ibunda she wou..."

Yes, that's what I mean. This is what comes of not reading my comments before posting them. xP

message 36: by Ghost Ryter (new)

Ghost Ryter | 117 comments Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification! :)

message 37: by Anne (new)

Athelas wrote: "Anne wrote: "*Update Spoiler*

*Ducks Out Again*"

Ooh... (Just curious, bu..."

@Athelas--I do enjoy reading the theories! And no, I don't snicker . . . even when you're wrong about where the series is going, it's always in fun and well-thought-out ways. :)

message 38: by Allison (new)

Allison Ruvidich | 92 comments Can I just say it is my life's ambition to be a minstrel spy.

message 39: by Allison (new)

Allison Ruvidich | 92 comments Also: am I the only one curious to find out who precisely Oriana is? You know... of Oriana Castle fame?

message 40: by Ghost Ryter (last edited Feb 12, 2015 02:39PM) (new)

Ghost Ryter | 117 comments Well, since King Fidel says castles and such are traditionally named after the sister of whichever king was ruling at the time it was built, she must have-- Oh! I just remembered something! In "The Prince of My Dreams" video, there's a statue of a man and women, side-by-side and each with swords. Didn't Anne Elisabeth say they were brother and sister? Maybe she was Oriana?

message 41: by Ghost Ryter (new)

Ghost Ryter | 117 comments Allison wrote: "Can I just say it is my life's ambition to be a minstrel spy."
I think you'd be good at it. :D

message 42: by H.S.J. (new)

Oh, good job, Ghostie! That's a very likely sounding theory indeed!