DC comic readers!! discussion

Character talk > Batgirl

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by nightwing_shawshank, die hard (new)

nightwing_shawshank | 85 comments Mod
Since people have opinions on her........... let it ALL out here.

message 2: by Jade (new)

Jade West | 190 comments Batgirl is awesome! But not the 90s Batgirl. My OTP is Dibs so she has to be Batgirl or it doesn't work.

message 3: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments Oh wow ypu actually did it

message 4: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments Well let me just say that i loved barbara gordon batgirl, BEFORE JOKER SHOT HER IN THE BACK! (And no i havent read the new 52 version of her yet)

message 5: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments Oh but batgirl in batman and robin sucked. They just had to shoehorn her in to please the fans but it just did way worse than not putting her in at all

message 6: by Jawairia (new)

Jawairia | 591 comments Mod
What!If you don't like the batman and robin Barbara Gordon then i bet your not gonna like the new 52 bat girl series.I'm gonna start reading it soon and im glad they got her out of that wheelchair.Cause SHE WAS MADE TO BE A HERO.But the one thing that kinda disappointed me was her not being able to be with nightwing):

message 7: by Jade (new)

Jade West | 190 comments I love how even after she got paralyzed she became Oracle and still fought crime! Talk about commitment.

message 8: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments Well its kinda the actresses fault she couldnt play batgirl n

message 9: by Jawairia (new)

Yeah they say in the dawn of justice movie they mighty have a batgirl or girl robin.

message 10: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments That will be cool. Unless its justin bieber. Hopefully thats not true.

message 11: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments Oh wait you said girl. It still applys to justin bieber

message 12: by Jawairia (new)

lol i hope not.Do you think there gonna just shake hands in the end?

message 13: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments I het he gonna slap her in the face like the best batman and robin comic panel ever

message 14: by Jawairia (new)

YESS people to this day make jokes about it.If you know who Stephanie brown is she slapped batman in the face.History was made.

message 15: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments Who is stephanie. The new batgirl. Shpe me a pic of that if you can

message 16: by Jawairia (new)

Well....lol this is upsetting but i dont know how to upload a picture.So just type in Stephanie brown in Google and click images.And you'll get a good picture of how she looks.And if you know who Tim drake is then she was with him.

message 17: by Jade (new)

Jade West | 190 comments But overall didn't Steph and Tim break up, and Damian and Stephanie became a new pairing?

message 18: by Jawairia (new)

WTF no!

message 19: by Timur (new)

Timur  | 335 comments Shes cute

message 20: by Jade (new)

Jade West | 190 comments Yeah she is Tommy.

message 21: by Jawairia (new)

lol yeah she is i guess.

message 22: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne (goodreadscommrsgabriel15) | 20 comments I don't like her. I don't see the point of having her when batman has robin. Like okay it makes girl look stronger but batman did fine when it was just the dynamic duo

message 23: by Jade (new)

Jade West | 190 comments I'm sorry Cheyenne, this isn't to purposely offend you or anything. But Batman was also fine solo, then he got Robin and was five as the dynamic duo, so why not add another? Plus if Barbara was never Batgirl then she couldn't be Oracle. And the Batfamily extends whether or not there are Batgirls, so why have an all male squad?

message 24: by Jade (new)

Jade West | 190 comments Five=fine

message 25: by Jawairia (new)

YEAH, good point Jade i agree 100% cause without the first batgirl who would be the second or third?

message 26: by Jade (new)

Jade West | 190 comments Boys? Batboy?

message 27: by Katie (new)

Katie | 18 comments Stephanie is my Batgirl although I loved Cass as Batgirl too. Personally I prefer Barbara as Oracle. I don't care for her in the New 52 Batgirl. I would rather see her as older and as Oracle then a ditzy younger version.