2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2015 > Hi im Christina, I want to read at least 50 books this year

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina Please excuse me if I am doing this all wrong, this is my first post in my first group and I am on mobile whichh makes it worse. My goal this year is to read at least 50 books this year. i suspect I may read more than that, but I dont want to start too big off the bat lol. I am on my 10th book so far this month. I am thrilled to be joining this group! Im 19 and chronically ill so I have to spend a lot of time alone in bed between surgeries, so I love having a place to go to discuss books!

message 2: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Hi Christina! I know the mobile app can be tricky, but everything's perfect as far as I can see. It's really up to you how you want to use your challenge thread. I'm glad you are able to read while you recuperate from your surgeries.

You're off to a great start with your challenge already. What's been your favorite book so far?

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina My favorite either has to be Wicked or The Picture Of Dorian Grey. I havent been able to stop thinking about them since I read them :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I am at home a lot too. I switch between reading and playing an online game. I have the Wicked series on my to read list. I am hoping to read a lot more than I read last year. Do you have your 50 books picked out or just chose as you go?

message 5: by Christina (new)

Christina Im just sort of choosing as I go so far, I find that if I plan things out to much It becomes less fun. But I do hope to do a bit of scheduling whether its with monthly challenges or buddy reads I dont know yet. I absolutely recommend Wicked! I have just read the first so far but will start on the second soon.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

That will be my next series. Thx :). Good luck with the challenge.

message 7: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariah90602) | 1893 comments Welcome Christina. I'm fairly new here too, but already love it. The challenges are fun. I myself read The Picture of Dorian Grey just last year. It's one of my favorites! I have Wicked at home but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I will get to it sometime this year! Good luck with the challenges. Hope you enjoy them!

message 8: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments I haven't read the other books in the series, but I did enjoy Wicked.

The Picture of Dorian Gray is one of my favorites too! I love the sound of the language in that book.

message 9: by Christina (new)

Christina Wow Ive been totally rubbish keeping up with this! I just finished book 15 out of 50 last night (the Mime Order). Ive been waiting for The Mime Order to come out for what seems like forever! I read the bone season (book 1) the day it came out, and had high hopes for TMO. i was not disappointed! Totally recommend! Im thinking of increasing my challenge number for the year. I didnt expect to be reading so much. Maybe ill give it another month to see if I keep it up.

message 10: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Don't stress about keeping this up to date. Use it how you like. :) Congratulations on reading so many books!