Brantford Public Library's Online Book Club discussion

Book News > FAVOURITE Reading Spaces

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brantford (last edited Jan 20, 2015 04:57PM) (new)

Brantford Public Library | 453 comments Mod
We all have a favourite spot to curl up and read. And we all have our own idea of what the perfect relaxing reading environment would be. Take a look at the link below and tell us which of these wonderful spaces you would like to find yourself in.

http://blog.thereadingroom.com/2015/0...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna (iudita) | 450 comments I think I like the first one. The peaceful nook by the water. It's private, with a great chair and good light. I loved the beach side porch too, but I wouldn't last long on those swings. It needs more comfy seating. It's funny, but for the amount of reading I do, I don't have a really great spot in my house. I've got comfy chairs with bad lighting and great light with uncomfortable chairs. I can't seem to sort it out. I showed my husband the picture of the secluded reading house. I want one of those. Someplace where no one else is allowed, except maybe my sisters and only if they are bringing a pot of tea with them.

message 3: by Karen (last edited Jan 20, 2015 05:44PM) (new)

Karen (karen1278) | 428 comments Well, I'm arm wrestling you for that chair over looking the ocean. I love the soft tones of the room, the coral tones in the fabric and those pretty cushions must be down-filled. Even the coloured glass (maybe old bottles?) in the window add some interest to the room. Hard to pick a second-that secluded reading house is exceptional, I could live there all summer. But, I think the picturesque garden sofa retreat is for me. The tree protecting the reader from the hot sun, all those green tones...refreshing, I can hear the birds chirping. All of them offer something sublime: a place to be alone and immersed in the page.

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kdrury) | 112 comments While it would be wonderful to have a comfy place to read by the water I want that secluded house in the woods. Very small and intimate - perfect for just me to sit in the quiet and read without anyone bothering me. I suppose I could have a few squirrels drop by but as long as they don't start talking to me I think I could handle that.
Not a real fan of swings so none of those options appeal to me. Wouldn't you get motion sickness trying to read in one of those?

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen (karen1278) | 428 comments Yes I agree Kathryn motion sickness just might be an issue. I want to focus on the page not the "slop" bucket. But, all in all very pretty alternate places than my corner of the sofa. The problem with them all though-- there wasn't a cat in any of them!