UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Writing Contests > Writing Contest #26

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ✿Claire✿ (last edited Jan 23, 2015 12:49AM) (new)

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 3055 comments Here is the next writing challenge for you, sorry it took so long, I'll be more on the ball next time!!

200 words, deadline 2 weeks today (3rd Feb)

Thank you Will for the theme:

What is inside the locked box?

Please PM your entries to me! :)

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9081 comments Thanks for doing this Claire!

message 3: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Seconded. I hope to enter this time, and am already inspired by the theme.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Hmm, I think I will have a go at this one.

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeldiack) | 185 comments I'll enter this one, been a long time. Do we still message Jud?

message 6: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Claire is the new, Jud.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeldiack) | 185 comments Jolly good, thanks.

message 8: by ✿Claire✿ (new)

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 3055 comments Oh, yes... Please send them to me! ! :-)

message 9: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments You have to PM it to Claire, Bernie, who will then post all entries at the same time for a blind vote.

message 10: by ✿Claire✿ (new)

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 3055 comments Yes, sorry, I forgot to update the initial post. Please send the whole thing to me :)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Sorry Bernie, I have removed your posts. Please PM your entry. We would love to include it in the competition.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Just bumping this for those who haven't seen it.

message 13: by ✿Claire✿ (new)

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 3055 comments Thank you Simon. Just bumped it in the Morning thread.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments My entry is in. I have high hopes of getting nil points

message 15: by Philip (last edited Jan 30, 2015 04:09AM) (new)

Philip Catshill (philipcatshill) | 2 comments Can I submit a story which is already in my portfolio (on this site) with a slight modification to suit the title

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Can you get it down to 200 words?

message 17: by Philip (new)

Philip Catshill (philipcatshill) | 2 comments I'll work on it, but it has been on Goodreads before. If I can get it down to 200 words, I'll submit it.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments You can all relax . I always come last!

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Can I just mention here that Authors are very welcome to take part in the competition but non-authors are equally welcome. This is just a bit of fun and a chance for us all of us to get a bit creative!

message 20: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments I'll have a go over the weekend, Simon. I come joint last with Simon. It's a tradition! ;)

message 21: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments I'm certain I recall you coming first at least once, Kath.

message 22: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Once. Probably. Fortunately, at my age, you can't remember! ;)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Well SOMEBOBY has to win...

message 24: by David (last edited Jan 30, 2015 10:08AM) (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "Well SOMEBOBY has to win..."

Who's Boby? And why does the winner have to be a Boby?

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I think I meant to write booby, but I'm not sure, it was a while ago...

message 26: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Chapman (andrew-chapman) | 58 comments I've never entered one of these before. My entry is submitted!

message 27: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21875 comments Simon (Highwayman) wrote: "You can all relax . I always come last!"

I think I managed to come last once

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments This thread wins the double entrend award of all time.

message 29: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "This thread wins the double entrend award of all time."

Did you mean 'entrails' or 'entendre'? Or can we choose?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Let's go with 'entrails'.

Only 4 manat.

http://www.perfetto.az/index.php/en/2...

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Jim should have a stall selling those in his nearest town!

message 32: by Helen (new)

Helen Laycock (helenlaycock) | 38 comments Hi all,
I've jumped out of the closet where I've been lurking and have decided to give it a whirl. Good luck, everyone!

message 33: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21875 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "Jim should have a stall selling those in his nearest town!"

Carefully unlabelled but with plenty of comments about the 'delicious spicy sauce'

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Helen wrote: "Hi all,
I've jumped out of the closet where I've been lurking and have decided to give it a whirl. Good luck, everyone!"

There's brave!

Have a kebab, Helen! ;)

message 35: by Gingerlily - The Full Wild (last edited Jan 30, 2015 12:44PM) (new)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Jim wrote: "Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "Jim should have a stall selling those in his nearest town!"

Carefully unlabelled but with plenty of comments about the 'delicious spicy sauce'"

Could be sheep, could be yak, could predict the future....

Jim CMOT Webster!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Jim wrote: "Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "Jim should have a stall selling those in his nearest town!"

Carefully unlabelled but with plenty of comments about the 'delicious spicy sauce'"

OIY, you.

I've not released you from the naughty step.

message 37: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Let's go with 'entrails'.

Only 4 manat.

http://www.perfetto.az/index.php/en/2..."

£3.39 - cheaper than my local takeaway! I'd give them a go.

message 38: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Helen wrote: "Hi all,
I've jumped out of the closet where I've been lurking and have decided to give it a whirl. Good luck, everyone!"

When you whirl your closet, can you put it on u-tube? Bound to go viral.

message 39: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Helen wrote: "Hi all,

Lurking - is that like twerking, only in private?

message 40: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments I know what's in the locked box! The key to my strait-jacket.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Pete wrote: "I know what's in the locked box! The key to my strait-jacket."

Deedee has the fittings the first of every month.

message 42: by Pete (last edited Jan 30, 2015 01:08PM) (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Pete wrote: "I know what's in the locked box! The key to my strait-jacket."

Deedee has the fittings the first of every month."

She's remarkably regular. Is it the tablets?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Prunes.

Lots of prunes.

message 44: by Richard (new)

Richard Knight (riknight36) | 13 comments Awesome! I love it!

message 45: by Will (new)

Will Once (willonce) | 4053 comments Heck - who needs to write anything? I nominate this thread as an entry in the writing competition.

It's a darned sight funnier than the thing I was going to write! ;-)

message 46: by L.F. (new)

L.F. Falconer I've enjoyed quite a few of the past entries, so braved the waters and joined in this one. :)

message 47: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Going to be some competition this time around…

message 48: by Luccia (new)

Luccia Gray | 9 comments Such an inspiring prompt! I'm sure there will be tons of entries :) Just sent in mine via PM. Looking forward to reading the others. Will we be able to read all, or at least some of the entries?

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9081 comments We get to read all the entries, and then vote in a poll.
Have a look at some of the previous competitions! :-)

message 50: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments You can read them all, on the posting date, Luccia; that's when you get to vote.

« previous 1