Shounen Manga Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike | 239 comments Mod
This is the place for general "off topic" discussion of whatever you like. Just remember to keep it clean and polite. Thanks!

message 2: by k.c.(Kthinker) (new)

k.c.(Kthinker) | 13 comments thanks for creating this I really like these chat things :) ! :)

message 3: by Mike (new)

Mike | 239 comments Mod
You're welcome! :)

message 4: by Selena (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 389 comments Mod
So anyone watching any of this season's anime?

message 5: by Mike (new)

Mike | 239 comments Mod
Unfortunately not - still pretty backlogged with series waiting to be finished and haven't had much time to watch anything. Have you? If so, anything worth recommending?

message 6: by Selena (new)

For the most part, the only things I'm watching are either continuing from last season (Log Horizon, World Trigger, etc.) or second seasons. The only one I'm really watching this season is Cute High School Defense Force Love, which is a parody of magical girl shows, especially those of the Sailor Moon ilk.

message 7: by Tawanai (new)

Tawanai Uchiha | 14 comments That anime's pretty fun!

message 8: by k.c.(Kthinker) (new)

k.c.(Kthinker) | 13 comments sounds intresting :)

message 9: by Selena (new)

Yup. What's even funnier is their "explanations" for common magical girl tropes, like the fact no one ever recognizes them despite their paper-thin disguises.

message 10: by Mike (new)

Mike | 239 comments Mod
Selena wrote: "Yup. What's even funnier is their "explanations" for common magical girl tropes, like the fact no one ever recognizes them despite their paper-thin disguises."

Sounds fantastic. Will definitely have to check it out at some point.

What are the other two you mentioned (Log Horizon, World Trigger) about?

message 11: by Selena (new)

Log Horizon season 2 is a continuatioyn of Log Horizon, which is the story of a bunch of people trapped in a video game. It's a bit reminiscent of .hack with swords and sorcery and a definite "there's more to this game/world than meets the eye" undertones. I highly recommend this one, especially if you were a .hack fan at some point.

World Trigger is a very shounen series about this town that gets regularly attacked by inter-dimensional monsters called "Neighbors." It's a bit hard to describe beyond that, but it's good, if a little slow at the start.

message 12: by k.c.(Kthinker) (new)

k.c.(Kthinker) | 13 comments sounds cool

message 13: by Prarthna (new)

Prarthna Roy (prarthnaroy) | 25 comments Mike wrote: "This is the place for general "off topic" discussion of whatever you like. Just remember to keep it clean and polite. Thanks!"

thanks! just what everyone needs!

message 14: by k.c.(Kthinker) (new)

k.c.(Kthinker) | 13 comments hey every body I've made a group called " RP universe" a place where you can just let your imagination go wild creating characters,items,buildings, even entire worlds and the only limit is well there is no limit so come on over to "RP universe" and let your imagination go wild

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey how is everybody.

message 16: by The blue (new)

The blue Hi!