Action Heroine Fans discussion

Group members who write/publish > Meet Ziva Payvan, superhuman assassin

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by EJ (last edited Jan 20, 2015 03:24PM) (new)

EJ Fisch (ejfisch) | 17 comments Hello everyone! Last spring, I published my first novel, Dakiti: Ziva Payvan Book 1, and its sequel Nexus: Ziva Payvan Book 2 was released this past December.

These are both sci fi novels, although I've heard them described as just being thrillers and police mysteries that happen to take place on other planets. The main character is Ziva Payvan, a special operations agent for the main law enforcement agency on her homeworld. She's more of an anti-hero who often has her own (sometimes selfish) agenda for most things she does, but she ends up getting thrown into the role of the hero whether she likes it or not. In Nexus, another character tells her: "You have a gift, this mind-blowing ability to kill, but along with that comes the ability to fight, to protect. I've seen that gift in action my fair share of times."

Here's the little blurb from the series page:

The distant world of Haphez is located on the edge of populated space. The planet's native superhuman race is feared and respected by neighboring civilizations. Their military and police forces are unmatched.

Haphezian operative Ziva Payvan has spent most of her life being fashioned into a deadly weapon. Trained to fight and not feel, she focuses only on the future and never dwells in the past. But when an event from her past forces its way back into her life, she begins to find herself in the unique position of needing to save lives rather than take them.

Follow Ziva and her ops team in their endeavors as they work in the shadows and struggle to survive, facing enemies from the past, present, and future.

Dakiti (Ziva Payvan, #1) by E.J. Fisch Nexus (Ziva Payvan, #2) by E.J. Fisch

message 2: by A.D. (new)

A.D. (actiongirlbooks) | 4 comments E.J. wrote: "Hello everyone! Last spring, I published my first novel, Dakiti: Ziva Payvan Book 1, and its sequel Nexus: Ziva Payvan Book 2 was released this past December.

I can recommend Dakiti to anybody into science fiction and/or action titles with strong female leads. Ziva is a badass assassin firmly in antiheroine territory. For a more in-depth review, check out the Action Girl Books blog.

message 3: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1535 comments Having finished Dakiti earlier this week, I can add my hearty endorsement to A. D.'s! My review is here: www.goodreads.com/review/show/1292897060 .