Songkeeper Chronicles discussion

Cast and Crew > Ky Huntyr

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Bronte Adams (gillianbronteadams) | 23 comments Mod
This thread is all about Ky Huntyr - something he would no doubt find very disconcerting. As an Underground thief and runner, he prefers to be able to melt seamlessly into the background, though he isn't afraid to stand up for what he believes is right ... even if it does mean standing out in the crowd.

message 2: by Jane (new)

Jane Maree (janemaree) | 43 comments So I was wondering, how old is Ky? I'm pretty sure it said somewhere in Orphan's Song, but I've forgotten. (P.S. He's may favourite character. :P)

message 3: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Bronte Adams (gillianbronteadams) | 23 comments Mod
Ky is around 13(ish). But since he's been living on the streets for the past three years, he can seem older.

So glad you like Ky! He's one of my favorites too.

message 4: by Jane (new)

Jane Maree (janemaree) | 43 comments Oh cool, I thought he might be about that age.
He'd better not die... :D

message 5: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 4 comments Ky's younger than me? O.O

I love Ky. He's so nice. I think he's my second favorite!

@Jane: No! ... I actually am not too worried about Ky, he's like the second most important character, so I think he'll be okay. (Cade on the other hand...)

message 6: by Clare (new)

Clare S-B (stylodedragonpur) | 50 comments Oh I need to read songkeeper and find out!

message 7: by Jane (new)

Jane Maree (janemaree) | 43 comments @Stargazer: Just wait 'til you read Songkeeper...

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 28 comments Stargazer wrote: "Ky's younger than me? O.O

@Jane: No! ... I actually am not too worried about Ky, he's like the second most important character, so I think he'll be okay. (Cade on the other hand...)"

Once you reach a certain point, you find out that 99% of book characters are younger than you. Including ones who used to be way older than you. It's mildly terrifying.

Also, the "Ky is a major character; he has to be ok" thing sounds very much like my thought process during at least one part of Songkeeper. :P

message 9: by Jane (new)

Jane Maree (janemaree) | 43 comments Sarah Taleweaver wrote: "Also, the "Ky is a major character; he has to be ok" thing sounds very much like my thought process during at least one part of Songkeeper. :P "

Oh yeah, me too. I was like, "Okay, listen to me everyone. Don't you dare kill Ky. Or I will personally hunt you down." :D

message 10: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 44 comments Sarah Taleweaver wrote: "Once you reach a certain point, you find out that 99% of book characters are younger than you. Including ones who used to be way older than you. It's mildly terrifying."

THIS IS SO TRUE. And it's more than MILDLY terrifying... *cough* These days occasionally (not often) I read books that have main characters who are no longer young enough for the books to count as YA, and I'm STILL older than them! o.o It's extremely terrifying, yes. O_O

*hugs Ky* HE MUST BE SAFE!

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 28 comments Deborah wrote: "THIS IS SO TRUE. And it's more than MILDLY terrifying... *cough* These days occasionally (not often) I read books that have main characters who are no longer young enough for the books to count as YA, and I'm STILL older than them! o.o It's extremely terrifying, yes. O_O

*hugs Ky* HE MUST BE SAFE! "

I don't quite have that problem . . . well, except in the case of the Stormlight Archive. I'm technically only older than one of the main characters, but another (by far the most awesome) I'm only a year or two behind. :P

YES.
Sometimes I think that all the fangirls from here and the Ilyon Chronicles and a few other places should band together into a adventuring group dedicated to getting revenge on villains for what they do to our favorite characters. (Obviously we can't get revenge on the authors, since we need the authors to write happy endings for the characters.)

message 12: by Hope (new)

Hope | 25 comments That idea is amazing, Sarah! That totally needs to happen. I already have a few ideas. *rubs hands together* For Daican, we'll give him fifty lashes with a wet noodle. *grins evilly*

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 28 comments Hope wrote: "That idea is amazing, Sarah! That totally needs to happen. I already have a few ideas. *rubs hands together* For Daican, we'll give him fifty lashes with a wet noodle. *grins evilly*"

Why are we lashing Daican with a wet noodle of all things?

message 14: by Hope (new)

Hope | 25 comments *shrugs* Cause they're cheap. No use spending hard earned money on such a snake. (That, and it was the first thing that came to mind.)

message 15: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 44 comments My goodness, what a good idea, Sarah. XD ...Eh, I still think we can go after authors too, since it's technically their fault... UNLESS they do all the happy endings, yes. ;)

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 28 comments @Hope: I'm pretty sure I can find something a bit more substantial to damage him with. After I give him a piece of my mind, that is.

@Deborah: Butbutbut it's more fun to go after villains. After all, if you let the authors be they might write the happy ending, but if you go after them, they might make their characters' situations even worse in revenge!

message 17: by Jane (new)

Jane Maree (janemaree) | 43 comments And don't forget that the authors were the ones who wrote the cool characters to start with. Kill the author and who knows what might happen to our precious characters....*dramatic music*

message 18: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 44 comments Goodness, I didn't say I was going to KILL the authors. o.o

I know, I know...

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 28 comments Deborah wrote: "Goodness, I didn't say I was going to KILL the authors. o.o

I know, I know..."

I didn't say we were going to kill anyone either. Except maybe Daican. And the General. And Takhran. And potentially one or two other especially heinous villains. But going after the villains is probably safer.

message 20: by Hope (new)

Hope | 25 comments *nods* Authors are friends not food.

message 21: by Jane (last edited Mar 30, 2016 08:16PM) (new)

Jane Maree (janemaree) | 43 comments @Deborah: Yeah, I always was one to skip to dramatic conclusions. :D

@Sarah Taleweaver: It probably would be safer. We may get carried away as it is. :p

@Hope: Hear, hear! (I am one so I should definitely agree!)

message 22: by Clare (new)

Clare S-B (stylodedragonpur) | 50 comments I am reading Song keeper and poor ky.... all that pain, why do writers always hurt their precious characters. Ahhhhhh.

message 23: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Faith (bookaddict_98) | 3 comments Ky is the best! I'm so scared for him!

message 24: by Gabriellyn (new)

Gabriellyn | 19 comments Clare wrote: "I am reading Song keeper and poor ky.... all that pain, why do writers always hurt their precious characters. Ahhhhhh."

Because when your favorite characters have to go through hard, upsetting things and the characters still do what's right and stay the people the were in the beginning it makes them even better. Plus, there would be like no story otherwise, it would be pretty boring.

message 25: by Gabriellyn (new)

Gabriellyn | 19 comments Sierra wrote: "Ky is the best! I'm so scared for him!"

Don't worry, I have a feeling Gillian loves him too much to kill him off.

message 26: by Jane (new)

Jane Maree (janemaree) | 43 comments Gabriellyn wrote: "Don't worry, I have a feeling Gillian loves him too much to kill him off..."

I think I'd feel that way if he was my character! :)

message 27: by Alice (new)

Alice | 8 comments Jane wrote: "Gabriellyn wrote: "Don't worry, I have a feeling Gillian loves him too much to kill him off..."

I think I'd feel that way if he was my character! :)"

Yes Jane. Seeing you read Songkeeper, you would not be able to kill Ky!

message 28: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Miller (andrew_flynn) | 3 comments I didn't really like Ky until Songkeeper. There were a few moments in Orphan's Song where he was pretty cool, like the part with Meli in the market, but towards the end especially he seemed sort of sullen and spoiled.
That being said, I like him a lot better in Songkeeper. His noble traits are certainly drawn out more.