Songkeeper Chronicles discussion

Cast and Crew > Birdie

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Bronte Adams (gillianbronteadams) | 23 comments Mod
This thread is dedicated to chatting about Birdie, the 12 year old orphaned drudge of the Sylvan Swan. Even before the story begins, life has handed her more than her share of hard blows, but she meets each new disaster with a quiet courage and steadfast determination that I can't help but envy.

message 2: by Clare (new)

Clare S-B (stylodedragonpur) | 50 comments I have always wondered why she had not worked out that she could talk to animals before that! I mean the amount of times I have tried......... especially when little, I think I hoped they would talk back then.... now I do talk to my pets, but of course I don't do it expecting an answer.

message 3: by Alice (new)

Alice | 8 comments Clare wrote: "I have always wondered why she had not worked out that she could talk to animals before that! I mean the amount of times I have tried......... especially when little, I think I hoped they would tal..."

(view spoiler)

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 28 comments Perhaps she couldn't understand them before, because she hadn't "claimed" her abilities and identity, so to speak? Whereas later on, she was starting to accept her role as Songkeeper, and so was able to do more?

message 5: by Clare (new)

Clare S-B (stylodedragonpur) | 50 comments Sarah Taleweaver wrote: "Perhaps she couldn't understand them before, because she hadn't "claimed" her abilities and identity, so to speak? Whereas later on, she was starting to accept her role as Songkeeper, and so was ab..."

Interesting thought, it does make sense.