Songkeeper Chronicles discussion

General > Pleased To Meet You ...

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Bronte Adams (gillianbronteadams) | 23 comments Mod
"Come, come," Nisus interrupted. "You know better than that. Introductions, of all things, must be done properly." (Orphan's Song)

Since it's never wise to antagonize a dwarf, we'd best get started with the introductions!

Hi! I'm Gillian Bronte Adams, the sword-wielding, horse-riding, coffee-loving author of the Songkeeper Chronicles. I'm excited to meet all of y'all and happy to chat about the series!

message 2: by Emileigh (new)

Emileigh Latham | 1 comments Yay! Well met, Gillain!

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 44 comments Yayyyyyy, group for the Songkeeper Chronicles! *happy flailing* I was literally thinking just yesterday that it would be ideal for there to be one! :O

Ahem.

Hi! I'm Deborah... I like to write (fantasy, for the most part) and... that's basically... me. :)

Ever since getting to read the first few chapters of an earlier draft of Orphan's Song, I've been extremely excited for it, so when it was finally published and I got to read the WHOLE thing... Well. Let's just say I absolutely ADORED Orphan's Song and am patiently awaiting awaiting the sequel. ^_^

message 4: by H.S.J. (new)

H.S.J. Williams | 1 comments *Curtsies*

It's so wonderful to be part of this group, Gillian. You left me quite on the edge of my seat with the first book, and I'm dying for the next!

I'm Hannah, I love writing and drawing and reading, all three parts of bringing worlds and people to life. And I am a huge fan of the writings of Gillian Bronte Adams.

message 5: by Gillian (new)

Welcome all! So pleased to have all of you here. :)

message 6: by Hope (new)

Hope | 25 comments *does fancy little bow* Hullo! I'm Hope. I read Orphan's Song for the first time last month, and can't wait to read Songkeeper! :D *looks longingly at the calendar*

message 7: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 44 comments Eep, I forgot about this group! :O Which is sad, because the Underground is a fabulous place to be. All the awesome characters, the warm fire, the ... erm... architecture? (Okay, so it's underground and not necessarily pretty, but hey, it's home. ;)) This place must revive! ^_^

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 28 comments I'm 99% sure that everyone in this group knows me already.

But for those who don't: I'm Sarah Taleweaver, writer, bookworm, blogger, and dreamer.

Also, just throwing this out there: every time I hear "Underground," my first thought is of another forum I'm on, which was originally based off The Berinfell Prophecies, and which, like this Underground, was at least partially devised as a way of promoting a particular series . . .

message 9: by Jane (last edited Mar 01, 2016 10:00PM) (new)

Jane Maree (janemaree) | 43 comments 'Ello! I'm Jane Farrelly.

An Australian aspiring Christian writer, reader, musician, adventurer and wielder of a large-and-varied arsenal of weapons. The kind of person who thinks it's absolutely the coolest to be in a group called the Underground.
My blog: Maiden of the Misty Mountains

I'm kind of a geek-ish/nerdy person, and have a habit of making people laugh. :)

message 10: by Clare (new)

Clare S-B (stylodedragonpur) | 50 comments Hi everyone I am a Photographer, writer and avid reader, I also blog At Clare's Spot

message 11: by Hope (new)

Hope Ann (hopeann) | 15 comments Hi, my name is Hope too. :) A friend gave me Orphan's Song for Christmas and I absolutely loved it! The characters were so fresh and distinct and the settings were perfect. I'm really looking forward to reading Songkeeper.

message 12: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (readingrogers) | 2 comments Heyo everyone! I'm Hannah and I am an art teacher who enjoys writing, reading, and laughing. :)
I recently finished Orphan's Song and loved it!

message 13: by Grace (new)

Grace (pearlmaiden) | 2 comments Hello there, I am Grace.

Truthfully, fantasy is not the realm where I feel the most at home, but due to its popularity among my comrades, I am a frequent guest in this place.

I loved Orphan's Song, which is a testament to what a great book it is. The moment I saw the cover of Songkeeper I got incredibly excited, my heart rate actually rose when I saw the lions. My compliments to the designer.

I am a writer from Missouri. I am working on building up my skills and network. I love movies, history, Captain America, books, and art. I am pleased to be a part of this group and a part of the Songkeeper launch team.

If you care to know more about me, I'll save you time on here by just putting a link to my blog http://alivemasterpiece.blogspot.com/ and facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/Grace-Gidman... .

Pleased to meet you all!

message 14: by Gillian (new)

So pleased to meet all of you! You guys are all pretty much awesome. I think we all have a lot of cool things in common. :)

message 15: by Gillian (new)

Sarah Taleweaver wrote: Also, just throwing this out there: every time I hear "Underground," my first thought is of another forum I'm on, which was originally based off The Berinfell Prophecies, and which, like this Underground, was at least partially devised as a way of promoting a particular series . . . "

I wasn't a part of the forum for The Berinfell Prophecies, but I was a part of one for the release of The Dark Sea Annals, and it was so much fun! So yes, I am shamelessly borrowing ideas from Wayne Thomas Batson. :)

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 28 comments Gillian wrote: "I wasn't a part of the forum for The Berinfell Prophecies, but I was a part of one for the release of The Dark Sea Annals, and it was so much fun! So yes, I am shamelessly borrowing ideas from Wayne Thomas Batson. :)"

Ooh. You were on the DSA Star-seeker thingy? (Don't remember what the actual name was . . .) That's cool. I wanted to join in, but I basically couldn't do anything, so I just stuck with the UG. (It's still alive today, actually . . . did the Dark Sea one last past the promotion/contest?)

message 17: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 4 comments Hello all! Happy to meet you all! :)
I'm Rebekah, I love Christian music, and Cade, and lots of other things. I'm a reader, sometimes writer, Texan, gardener, and probably lots of other things.

message 18: by Hope (new)

Hope | 25 comments Welcome, Rebekah! I hope you like it here. :D

message 19: by Gillian (new)

Sarah Taleweaver wrote: "Gillian wrote: "I wasn't a part of the forum for The Berinfell Prophecies, but I was a part of one for the release of The Dark Sea Annals, and it was so much fun! So yes, I am shamelessly borrowing..."

Not sure if it lasted past the contest or not. I was too busy to continue any longer, but it was really fun while it lasted!

message 20: by Gillian (new)

Stargazer wrote: "Hello all! Happy to meet you all! :)
I'm Rebekah, I love Christian music, and Cade, and lots of other things. I'm a reader, sometimes writer, Texan, gardener, and probably lots of other things."

Welcome, Rebekah! So glad to meet a Cade fan. And a fellow Texan!

message 21: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 44 comments *frolics in a happiness of Texan Cade fans because I'm one too!* ^_^

message 22: by Stargazer (last edited Mar 30, 2016 03:54PM) (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 4 comments @Hope and Gillian: Thanks! :D I'm sure I'll have fun here!

Hey, poor Cade doesn't have a thread. He needs one!

message 23: by Clare (new)

Clare S-B (stylodedragonpur) | 50 comments Well anyone can make new ones :D

message 24: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 44 comments Clare wrote: "Well anyone can make new ones :D"

Hmm, true...! *scuttles off to make a Cade thread* Here: :) https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 25: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Faith (bookaddict_98) | 3 comments Hello everyone! *waves* I'm Sierra :D I had Orphan's Song sitting on my shelf for the longest time and finally picked it up last month. And OH MY GOODNESS! I am so happy I did :D I'm 18 years old and I live in a small town in Indiana. Pleased to meet you all!

message 26: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Miller (andrew_flynn) | 3 comments Hi. I feel a little out numbered here, since I'm a guy. But I've really enjoyed the first two books of the Songkeeper Chronicles, so I figured I'd jump in and join this discussion (also since I joined the group, I figured, based on what Gillian wrote at the beginning about introductions, I had better introduce myself). That being said, the name's Andrew, as the profile implies, and it's nice to meet y'all. Despite the fact I'm from the northern United States, I sometimes mix other dialects into my speaking, hence the term "y'all". I also occasionally speak like a Kiwi (or try to, anyway). I immensely enjoy fantasy and always enjoy a conversation about a book series I've read; unfortunately, there aren't many around me who have read the same stories I have. That being said, I'm excited to have the chance to discuss a series with fellow-fans. :D

message 27: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 44 comments Hi Andrew, welcome! I hope you don't feel too outnumbered. ;) As a native of a place where "y'all" is a common term, I approve of that, as well as of Kiwi sounding-ness and fantasy, of course. I hope you'll enjoy the group! :)

message 28: by Hope (new)

Hope | 25 comments Welcome, Andrew! I hope you enjoy our sometimes crazy discussions. XD

message 29: by Gabriellyn (new)

Gabriellyn | 19 comments I am Gabriellyn, fantasy has been my favorite genre since I read Molly Evangeline/Jaye L. Knight's Makilien Trilogy. And since then Orphan Song, and consequently Songkeeper have been some of the best fantasy books I have read.

message 30: by Hope (new)

Hope | 25 comments Welcome, Gabi (do you mind if I call you that?)! *hands you welcome cake* I hope you enjoy it here!

message 31: by Gabriellyn (new)

Gabriellyn | 19 comments Hope wrote: "Welcome, Gabi (do you mind if I call you that?)! *hands you welcome cake* I hope you enjoy it here!"

Thanks! I'm sure I will.

message 32: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 8 comments I'm Elizabeth. I'm probably the youngest here (I'm a sophmore in high school), but I'm here, just like the rest of y'all, to discuss the sheer awesomeness of the Songkeeper Chronicles! Fantasy is my favorite genre, though I also love historical fiction...and books in general. I'm something of a writer myself, though I have trouble carrying one idea to completion before I start another. I'm also a proud Texan, and I have the honor of actually knowing Gillian, though not as well as I'd like. She's a fantastic person (but you knew that already!).
Anyway, hello and mae g'ovannen. I'm pleased to be here.

message 33: by Hope (new)

Hope | 25 comments Welcome, Elizabeth! I hope you enjoy our somewhat lively discussions. XD

message 34: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 8 comments Hope wrote: "Welcome, Elizabeth! I hope you enjoy our somewhat lively discussions. XD"

Thanks ;)

message 35: by Clare (new)

Clare S-B (stylodedragonpur) | 50 comments Hi Elisabeth, but I think Jane is even younger! I don't know about anyone else though.

message 36: by Jane (new)

Jane Maree (janemaree) | 43 comments Hey Elizabeth! Don't worry, I'm fourteen. I'm guessing you're probably a little older. :)
Welcome to the pain of loving Songkeeper! :D

message 37: by Dominique (new)

Dominique (domsreadingadventure) Hi everyone! *waves*

message 38: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 44 comments Hey! Welcome! :)

message 39: by Hope (new)

Hope | 25 comments Welcome! I hope you enjoy our lively conversations. XD

message 40: by Alice (new)

Alice | 8 comments Welcome!

message 41: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 8 comments Jane wrote: "Hey Elizabeth! Don't worry, I'm fourteen. I'm guessing you're probably a little older. :)
Welcome to the pain of loving Songkeeper! :D"

Alas, it has been many months since I ventured into this particular corner of the internet. Thanks so much for replying! You're right, I'm sixteen (and now a junior). "The pain of loving Songkeeper"....so true :)

message 42: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 3 comments I am Kendra E. Ardnek, and I finally just read Orphan's Song, thanks to Deborah O'Carroll lending me copies of her books. I just started Songkeeper, and I am terrified.

I'm a book collecting dragon, and a story writing fairy, and I live in a cave. Also known as a bedroom, but I have a loft bed and my office is under my loft, so I call it my cave.

message 43: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 44 comments Kendra wrote: "I am Kendra E. Ardnek, and I finally just read Orphan's Song, thanks to Deborah O'Carroll lending me copies of her books. I just started Songkeeper, and I am terrified.

I'm a book collecting drago..."

HURRAY! Welcome! :) Oh my goodness, I'd have been terrified to start Songkeeper too... o.o But there's lots of awesome too! At least you only have to wait till June for the sequel though... ;)

message 44: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 3 comments PEOPLE KEEP SAYING THINGS ABOUT AMOS, AND IF THE ENDING OF ORPHAN'S SONG IS ANYTHING TO GO ON....

And given how long it took me to get my hands on these two books. *squints.*

message 45: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 44 comments Ahem. There, there... it'll be okay. ;) HOPEFULLY. *stares hard at Gillian*