Mock Printz 2023 discussion

I'll Give You the Sun
This topic is about I'll Give You the Sun
Mock Printz 2015 > I'll Give You the Sun

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

bach books (bachbooks) | 1 comments I loved this book, and I wonder what other adult readers thought about it?

Jennifer | 37 comments I'm reading this right now and am forcing myself to finish. I think I would like it better on audio actually. Having a hard time caring about either twin.

elissa (librarianbodyworkerelissa) | 53 comments There are definitely things that I like about this title, but I'm also still reading it and kind of bogged down at the halfway point.

Mary HD (marymaclan) | 84 comments This was by far my favorite YA novel this year; it captured the emotional intensity of teenage life as well as the creative nature of artists. (Also, it's got a plot.) Stick with it!

elissa (librarianbodyworkerelissa) | 53 comments I am! Just hope that it has a good ending that will make it all worth it. :)

message 6: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Hicks I was gonna maybe read this until the 19th time I heard it compared to The Fault in Our Stars.

message 7: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Hicks ...and actually, now that a very valued GR friend whose taste I trust read Sun and loved it, I probably will read it at some point.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 42 comments I could not get into it...will try again if it gets a Printz nod.

elissa (librarianbodyworkerelissa) | 53 comments I stuck with it, and it got much more gripping past the halfway point. I ended up loving it, so it was definitely worth the slow beginning to me.

Brittany (brittwhoadog) | 4 comments I didn't find it comparable at all to fault in the stars. The prose were so poignant and I felt as if the book kind of took over my mind. There were plenty of twists and I even wondered at one point if the twins were actually the same person because of how interconnected they were. I loved it.