Dragons & Jetpacks discussion

Book Discussion - Non BotM > Comicbooks! Marvel/DC Whatever you read.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joey (new)

Joey (mostlyjoe) | 178 comments Why not a general topic about comicbooks? Why don't I start us off with a piece of HUGE news.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comme...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comme...

Basically the 616 universe (main comicbook universe) and 1610 (Ultimate Universe) are going to collide and merge. Coming off Spider-Verse I could see some thing like this happening. This means we'll have Ultimate version of characters in universe walking around. Maybe a unified movie-esk Fury? Miles Morales as Spider-Kid?

Gonna be interesting.

Marvel is also talking about 'aligning' the comics closer to the movie verse. Whatever that means.

message 2: by Rinn, Captain of the SSV Normandy (new)

Rinn (rinnsohma) | 3456 comments Mod
Oooh that's interesting!

Empire magazine also had this really cool feature last month, where they had the next 10 years of comicbook movies listed. We're getting T'Challa and Ms. Marvel, yayyy!

message 3: by Joey (new)

Joey (mostlyjoe) | 178 comments And Inhumans as a stand-in for the X-men. Which kinda but kinda doesn't work. Oh well.

message 4: by Joey (new)

Joey (mostlyjoe) | 178 comments I plan on picking up the new Squirrel Girl series. I love Great Lakes "Avengers" characters.

message 5: by Rinn, Captain of the SSV Normandy (new)

Rinn (rinnsohma) | 3456 comments Mod
When I first encountered Squirrel Girl on LEGO Marvel I thought she was a joke character... and then I went on the Marvel wiki and read otherwise :P

message 6: by Joey (new)

Joey (mostlyjoe) | 178 comments Rinn wrote: "When I first encountered Squirrel Girl on LEGO Marvel I thought she was a joke character... and then I went on the Marvel wiki and read otherwise :P"

She's very endearing. A positive, if comedy character. I like how her series is slice of hero life meets college story for a super.