We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Not Too Challenging Challenges > February, 2015 Group Challenge: All Together Now (One Book Per Person)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf) (last edited Mar 01, 2015 03:27PM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments

~ All Together Now: A February Group Challenge ~
Can we keep our challenge thread on life support until Brown-Eyed Girl comes out next spring? Let’s hope!!

To do so, we’re going to see if we can all pitch in and spell something.

For February let’s try the words   B.E   M.Y.   L.I.S.A.   K.L.E.Y.P.A.S.   V.A.L.E.N.T.I.N.E.

RULES: Only ONE book per person may be submitted. You may reserve your letter now, on a first come, first serve. However, you may change your mind later in the month, just let us know as soon as possible.

Read a book with a title, series name, author’s (first or last name), character (first or last name), that begin with the letter that correspond to letters of the words we have chosen. You may ignore the indefinite and definite articles (a, an, the, etc.).

Example of Spell-It-Out in Post #2 below. If you need to know, here is info on how to Add a Book or Bookcover Link.

17/24

B. - ✔ Balogh, Mary; author of Slightly Married [★★★★★ Read by BJ Rose 2/3.]
E. - ✔ Eden, Cynthia; author of Mine to Have [★★★★✩ Read by Pamela 2/3.]
Slightly Married (Bedwyn Saga, #1) by Mary Balogh Mine to Have (Mine, #5) by Cynthia Eden
M. -Married By Morning, by Lisa Kleypas [★★★★✩ Read by Alicia 2/25.]
Y. -TBD [To be read by Bekah.]
Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4) by Lisa Kleypas TBD
L. -Lady Sophia's Lover, by Lisa Kleypas [★★★★✩ Read by Cheryl 2/9.]
I.  - If the Viscount Falls, by Sabrina Jeffries [To be read by Jennifer.]
S. -The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy, by Julia Quinn [★★★★✩ Read by Ora 2/1.]
A. - ✔ Alexander, Tasha; author of The Counterfeit Heiress [★★★★✩ Read by Cathy 2/6.]
Lady Sophia's Lover (Bow Street Runners, #2) by Lisa Kleypas If the Viscount Falls (The Duke's Men, #4) by Sabrina Jeffries The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #4) by Julia Quinn The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9) by Tasha Alexander
K. - ✔ Kleypas, Lisa; author of Dream Lake [★★★✩✩ Read by Lindy-Lane 2/26.]
L. -Love Only Once, by Johanna Lindsey [★ Read by Elena 2/3.]
E. -Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart, by Sarah MacLean [★★★½☆ Read by Lisa Kay 2/14.]
Y. -
P. - ✔ Patrick MacGregor in Highland Outlaw, by Monica McCarty [★★★★★ Read by Olivia 2/12.]
A. -Again the Magic, by Lisa Kleypas [★★★★★ Read by Sharlene 2/22.]
S. -Somewhere I'll Find You, by Lisa Kleypas [★★★★★ Read by Elaine 2/1.]
Dream Lake (Friday Harbor, #3) by Lisa Kleypas Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1) by Johanna Lindsey Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3) by Sarah MacLean Highland Outlaw (Campbell Trilogy, #2) by Monica McCarty Again the Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5) by Lisa Kleypas Somewhere I'll Find You (Capital Theatre, #1) by Lisa Kleypas
V. -Viper Game by Christine Feehan - [★★★☆☆ Read by E. in Feb.]
A. - ✔ Amelia Hathaway in Mine Till Midnight, by Lisa Kleypas [★★★★★ Read by Kylie 2/10.]
L. - ✔ Lisa Kleypas; author of Blue-Eyed Devil [★★★★✩ Read by KatieV 2/4.]
E.  -
N. -Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover, by Sarah MacLean [★★★✩✩ Read by Katherine 2/15.]
T. -Tamed, by Emma Chase [★★★✩✩ Read by Kym 2/4.]
I.   -
N. - Niffenegger, Audrey; author of The Time Traveler's Wife [To be read by Stephanie.]
E. -
TBD Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #4) by Sarah MacLean Tamed (Tangled, #3) by Emma Chase The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Spell-It-Out Example - We used all Lisa Kleypas books, but that isn’t a requirement.
L. - Lisa Kleypas; author of Sugar Daddy
I. - Iona Cannon: character in Lady Sophia's Lover, by Lisa Kleypas
S. - Stokehurst #2 - Prince of Dreams, by Lisa Kleypas
A. - Again the Magic, by Lisa Kleypas]
Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Lady Sophia's Lover (Bow Street Runners, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Prince of Dreams (Stokehurst, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Again the Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5) by Lisa Kleypas

message 3: by Phoenix (Online Elf) (last edited Mar 01, 2015 03:16PM) (new)

Blinkie Text Generator at TextSpace.net

Participant Letter
✔Alicia M
Bekah Y
✔BJ Rose B
Alicia M
✔Cathy A
✔Cheryl L
✔E V
✔Elaine S
✔Elena L
Jennifer I
✔Katherine N
✔KatieV L
✔Kaylie A
✔Kym T
✔Lindy-Lane K
✔Lisa Kay E
✔Olivia P
✔Ora S
✔Pamela E
✔Sharlene A
Stephanie N

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Reserved.

message 5: by Ora (new)

Ora (oeamis) I'll take S with The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #4) by Julia Quinn

message 6: by Elaine (new)

Elaine I'll have an S please Somewhere I'll Find You (Capital Theatre, #1) by Lisa Kleypas
Thanks

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Welcome to the challenge, Ora and Elaine!

message 8: by AliciaJ (new)

AliciaJ I'd like an M please for Married By Morning. Thanks.

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Welcome to the challenge, Alicia!

message 10: by E. (new)

E. R. (dilawrosas) | 507 comments I want to reserve 'V', please. I have an idea what book I want, but I want to make sure I have the copy of the book before I truly commit to naming the book.

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Sure, E. Welcome to the challenge!

message 12: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments I'll take an E for Mine to Have by Cynthia Eden.

message 13: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (olivia062412) | 30 comments I am absolutely in! I'm not sure what book yet, though. I want to pick something that's (hopefully) going to be awesome since my birthday is in feb.

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Welcome to the challenge, Pamela and Olivia!

message 15: by Kym (new)

Kym | 353 comments I'll take T with Tamed

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Welcome to the challenge, Kym!

message 17: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 828 comments an N please for Never Judge a Lady by her cover. By Sarah MacLean

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Welcome to the challenge, Katherine!

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (heartlandreading) I'll do an I for If the Viscount Falls by Sabrina Jeffries.

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Welcome to the challenge, Jennifer!

message 21: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Galloway I will take an "a" and read The Counterfeit Heiress by Tasha Alexander.

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Welcome to the challenge, Cathy!

message 23: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cawils_99) | 98 comments I would like one of the "L's" for Lady Sophia's Lover.

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Welcome to the challenge, Cheryl!

message 25: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 374 comments Can I take an A for Again the Magic?

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Welcome to the challenge, Sharlene!

message 27: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 374 comments Thanks! It is good - now I am finally reading all of the Kleypas books I bought when Borders went out! Borders! :(

message 28: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Ah. I do miss Borders, too. :(

message 29: by Kylie (new)

Kylie Barrera Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas

Can I please take an A for miss Amelia Hathaway in Mine til Midnight by Lisa Kleypas?

message 30: by Lindy-Lane (last edited Feb 26, 2015 08:37AM) (new)

Lindy-Lane (moonbacklit) | 78 comments I'll take the "K". I'll be reading Dream Lake by Lisa Kleypas finished 2.26

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Welcome to the challenge, Kylie and Lindy-Lane!

message 32: by Elena (new)

Elena | 105 comments If 'L' is still available I'll read Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1) by Johanna Lindsey

message 33: by KatieV (new)

KatieV | 42 comments I'll take L for Lisa Kleypas' Blue Eyed Devil. Thanks!

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Welcome to the challenge, Elena and KatieV!

message 35: by Kylie (new)

Kylie Barrera This is my first time participating, do we let you know when we have finished the book?

message 36: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 4782 comments Kylie wrote: "This is my first time participating, do we let you know when we have finished the book?"

Yes, please. And a rating would be nice. Thanks, Kylie.

message 37: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (olivia062412) | 30 comments Can I have P with Patrick MacGregor in Highland Outlaw (Campbell Trilogy, #2) by Monica McCarty

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Gotcha, Olivia. :o) Thanks for the update.

message 39: by Kylie (new)

Kylie Barrera Thank you!

message 40: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (olivia062412) | 30 comments No problem. Thank you! =)

message 41: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Galloway My author is Tasha Alexander not Tessa.

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Cathy wrote: "My author is Tasha Alexander not Tessa."

Thanks, Cathy. Corrected it.

message 43: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Galloway :)

message 44: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 848 comments I'll take the 'B' if it's still available and read something by Mary Balogh (will post the title once I choose it!)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Welcome to the challenge, BJ Rose!

message 46: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments I'll take a Y!

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Welcome to the challenge, Bekah!

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 425 comments Got an eMail from Stephanie; she will take the last "N."

message 49: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Reread at 2 a.m., finished 8.30 a.m.
Somewhere I'll Find You (Capital Theatre, #1) by Lisa Kleypas
What can I say but 5 stars

message 50: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 848 comments BJ Rose wrote: "I'll take the 'B' if it's still available and read something by Mary Balogh (will post the title once I choose it!)"

Decided on a reread of Slightly Married, one of my absolute favorites.

« previous 1