Revenge Pie discussion

Canada Reads

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin Clifford | 3 comments In my on going love affair with the CBC. It is my favourite time of year - Canada Reads! We are the only country with a reality show about reading books on the radio.

The finalists were listed today and the topic is the book to break barriers.

Intolerable - Kamal Al-Solaylee
When Everything Feels Like The Movies - Raziel Reid
The Inconvenient Indian - Thomas King
And the Birds Rained Down - Jocelyene Saucier
Ru - Kim Thuy

E

message 2: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (joanna_g) | 13 comments I'm embarrassed to say that I have always heard about Canada Reads, but never paid it any real attention!

So the google tells me that the books will be debated in March? Should we make one of their options our February book? Do you generally try to read them all in advance, Erin?

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin Clifford | 3 comments I generally rank them based on the introduction in January and start reading. In the last couple of years I have only gotten to read one or two. I am going to start with When Everything Feels Like the Movies this year.

message 4: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (joanna_g) | 13 comments Mildly amuaing update: because I rated When Everything Feels Like the Movies, goodreads is now recommending The Inconvenient Indian to me. I don't know whether it's because they know about Canada Reads, or because a bunch of their Canadian users are reading and rating both.