The Reading Challenge Group discussion

Monthly Theme Archive 2015-2016 > Sociology/Relationships/Family (Non-Fiction - Feb 2015) - Discussion Thread

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly, That Geeky One (new)

Holly (hollycoulson) | 1949 comments Mod
A really wide set of genres for you to explore in February!

Will you go down the Sociology route, or read a memoir based on family? Or perhaps the science behind fall in love? There's endless possibilities!

Stuck for ideas? Check out the Sociology genre page, and non-fiction lists based on relationships and family.

message 2: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new)

Renee M | 4727 comments Mod
I was actually thinking about sneaking in some David Sedaris. I could use a little humor and he enjoys talking about his dysfunctional/normal family so much.

message 3: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new)

Renee M | 4727 comments Mod
Hey! I have no interest in the Anarchism book but two of the other nominations were appealing to me. Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Leadand You Just Don't Understand: Women and Men in Conversation both look interesting, and both got a fair number of votes. If anyone is interested in a BuddyRead, let me know.

message 5: by Allison (new)

Allison Harris | 3 comments I'm going to read Culture Crash: The Killing of the Creative Class. The premise sounds interesting and is painfully familiar to me as someone who graduated with a degree in journalism in 2012.