Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Discussion > Paranormal YA/NA/Romance

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (last edited Jan 20, 2015 02:39AM) (new)

Amanda (amanda6498) I'm looking for standalone or complete series only please, I'm so impatient, I hate getting into a series then having to wait 1 year for the next book haha.

What I'm looking for is something along the line of the Significance series by Shelly Crane, I loved that series.

I've read,

Sweep series by Cate Tiernan
Star-Crossed series by Rachel Higginson
Covenant and Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick
Existence series by Abbi Glines
The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
Eden Trilogy by Nicole Williams
And Challenging Zed

Hopefully that will give you's an idea or the stuff I like, I'm desperate for books so all recommendations welcome, although I'm not a big fan of wolves/shape-shifters/vampires

Thanks in advance :)

message 2: by Grace (new)

Grace (Calcat) | 52 comments I am not big on YA but there have been a few I have enjoyed.

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee This is a fantastic series, the final part will be out in May so not too long to wait. A different take on angels.

Death and the Girl Next Door (Darklight #1) by Darynda Jones Great little Angels and Demons trilogy.

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead I know you don't love vampires but the Covenant series reminded me a lot of this. The first series is complete and there is a spin off Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amanda6498) They look great, thank you will give them a read :)

message 4: by Alvin (new)

Alvin | 41 comments Anything by Maria V. Snyder

I started with her Study Series

The Study Series Bundle

Also, enjoyed her Healer series
Touch of Power Scent of Magic (Healer, #2) by Maria V. Snyder

message 5: by Kriselda (last edited Jan 20, 2015 04:06PM) (new)

Kriselda Gray In Amanda wrote: "I'm looking for standalone or complete series only please, I'm so impatient, I hate getting into a series then having to wait 1 year for the next book haha.

What I'm looking for is something along..."

The Soulkeeper series by G. P. Chang is an interesting take on Angels and Demons. There are several different couples that are working on discovering love or holding on to love, and it has a solid foundation in an interesting take on the impending apocalypse. There's a lot of humor in the books, and lots of places where I cried. It's just good solid writing all around.

The Soulkeepers (The Soulkeepers, #1) by G.P. Ching The Soulkeepers

message 6: by Kriselda (last edited Jan 20, 2015 04:14PM) (new)

Kriselda Gray Alvin wrote: "Anything by Maria V. Snyder

The Study Series Bundle

Did these books have much in the way of explicit or graphic sex in them? Thanks!

message 7: by K.R. (new)

K.R. Conway (kr_conway) | 1 comments Greetings!

I am looking to give away e-books (for reviews) of my books, which have been compared to the Bloodlines series (I have not read it), Vampire Academy (haven't read it) and the Lux series (LOVED IT!).

You'll be happy to know that I have no vampires, aliens or werewolves in my books. I am offering UNDERTOW, STORMFRONT, and advanced ARC copies of CRUEL SUMMER. - just message me and I will get back to you :)

CHEERS!

UNDERTOW: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

STORMFRONT: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

CRUEL SUMMER: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela Dossett (whisperingwillo) | 376 comments K.R. wrote: "Greetings!

I am looking to give away e-books (for reviews) of my books, which have been compared to the Bloodlines series (I have not read it), Vampire Academy (haven't read it) and the Lux series..."

I would love to be selected in reading/reviewing your books. I prefer Mobi. My email address is angela.dossett@yahoo.com.

message 9: by Alvin (new)

Alvin | 41 comments Kriselda wrote: "Alvin wrote: "Anything by Maria V. Snyder

The Study Series Bundle

Did these books have much in the way of explicit or graphic sex ..."

Sorry, just saw this...and no. There's romance, but not a lot of details. You might read through one just to see since reading is so subjective. :)

message 10: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenius05) | 60 comments These kept me reading, although being an Indie author, I could tell he hadn't had much experience in the first book, the nexxt gave me a whole lot more hope for him: John Corwin Sweet Blood of Mine Overworld Chronicles Books 1-2 Sweet Blood of Mine & Dark Light of Mine by John Corwin

message 11: by Kriselda (new)

Kriselda Gray Thanks! I think I'll check them out :)

message 12: by Shelby (last edited Oct 18, 2015 10:53AM) (new)

Shelby | 71 comments I second Vampire Academy and Angelfall. Both great books!

Captured (The Captive, #1) by Erica Stevens Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #1) by Tammy Blackwell Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis

My Wolf's Bane and Tall, Dark & Lonely are the first two books in uncompleted series, but the next book in their series is always worth the wait.

I hope these help and you find something you like!