What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Romance/Adventure - no YA, no Erotica

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by puppitypup (new)

puppitypup | 53 comments Any recommendations for well-written romance novels with lots of adventure? I'm good with any romance genre (except Erotica), but sci-fi and western are my favorites. Thank you!

message 2: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1339 comments Nimisha's Ship

Erica Stevens, The Captive Series Bundle: Books 1-4

Probably not what your looking for, but Nalini Singh has two series that are good. Guild Hunters is Angels, vamp's and humans. Psy/Changeling is humans, Psy (higher mental function humans) and obviously changelings (human/animal).

Miriam Minger, Wild Angel/Wild Roses Boxed Set

julia kagawa, Immortal Rules series (dystopian vampire ruled world)

Maybe... Maybe not, Stacie Simpson or
Shelly Thacker

message 3: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2399 comments For sci-fi romance, I really enjoyed Lord of the Storm and The Skypirate by Justine Davis.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
the 2176 series is interesting. It's set in the future, and 2 of the women in it are from "our" time period. They get kidnapped and cytogenetically frozen. A word of warning though--they are written by 4 different authors. The author of the first and last book is the same. The Legend of Banzai Maguire Day of Fire The Shadow Runners The Power of Two The Scarlet Empress are the books in order.

And Susan Grant has another sci fi series that you can check out too. While not erotica, there is some sex in her books.

message 5: by Chocolatesoup (last edited Jan 23, 2015 08:04PM) (new)

Chocolatesoup Meljean Brook's steampunk series has tons of adventure and romance, the first main novel is The Iron Duke but check the series order for novellas set before the first novel, if that's important to you as a reader.

Sherrilyn Kenyon- The League series is sci-fi.

Ann Aguirre-Sirantha Jax series is sci-fi

Ilona Andrews is a husband and wife writing team, their big series is Kate Daniels (urban fantasy) with tons of action and a slow burning romance. They have other works too, I'd recommend anything that write.

Do you read any urban fantasy or paranormal romances?

Karen Chance-Cassie Palmer and or Dorinsa Basarab series, both are paranomal but with heavy action

message 6: by puppitypup (new)

puppitypup | 53 comments Thank you everyone, can't wait to try these. Yes, I do like urban fantasy and paranormal romance too. Not terribly fond of steampunk.

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
I'm going to second Chocolatesoup's Iron Seas suggestion (The Iron Duke is the first book in the series.) Technically they aren't Steampunk, because, to be Steampunk they are supposed to be set during Victoria's reign--or shortly afterwards. This series is set in Regency time, kind of. But it's a totally different world, one where Genghis Khan and his descendants didn't stop their conquest of the world until after the conquest of England. I have to admit--I actually found the WORLD very interesting.

message 10: by Teri-K (new)

Teri-K | 301 comments If you don't mind older books, Mary Stewart was famous for romantic adventure novels. I've been rereading her books and have really enjoyed My Brother Michael, This Rough Magic and The Moonspinners. Airs Above the Ground is next up for me.

Elizabeth Peters was suggested above. Her Vickie Bliss series starts with Street of the Five Moons. The romance builds in the series and there's lots of adventure.

Have you read Jodi Thomas series that begins with The Texan's Wager? IIRC they were pretty good and not erotica.

I like Ilona Andrews, too.

message 11: by MomToKippy (new)

MomToKippy | 62 comments I am reading this now Golden Urchin by Madeleine Brent and it is amazing -full of adventure!

message 12: by puppitypup (new)

puppitypup | 53 comments Just finished Finders Keepers by Linnea Sinclair
Finders Keepers by Linnea Sinclair

Oh my goodness, that was exactly what I was looking for. Can't wait to try more of your suggestions!

message 13: by MomToKippy (last edited Mar 09, 2015 11:22AM) (new)

MomToKippy | 62 comments I also have a list in listopia called "Clean Romantic Adventure." I think there is no sci-fi, maybe some western. I would like to see more western too.