Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > Incorrect Author name/profile

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie♥ (last edited Jan 19, 2015 10:16PM) (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 47 comments I was correcting an author name on the book a friend was reading (at their request). I found that the author had claimed the profile of "Author Amelia Hutchins" but the correct author name should be "Amelia Hutchins." That is the name on the cover and the name listed over at amazon. I changed the each of the five books, but she has quite a bit of info on the "Author Amelia Hutchins" profile. I put a link to that profile in the "Amelia Hutchins" profile, but was not sure how to handle moving the data or what the policy was on this. Before recreating the series under the actual author name, I wanted some expert advice.
Thank you!

eta, I did PM the author to advise her of the change I was making.

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments You should post links to both profiles here for staff to deal with

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 47 comments Thank you Paula. Will do that now.

message 4: by Gerhard (new)

Gerhard (gerhardh) | 25 comments I added a Kindle edition for The Flesh Sutra, and then added author data for Tim W Burke. I then saw he is a Goodreads author at Tim W. Burke (which has no info). Please can the two be combined or the one entry removed, thanks.

message 5: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13731 comments I noticed that Spanish-language authors like Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez and Carlos Ruiz Zafón are alphabetized under their mother's last name instead of under their father's last name (Garcí­a and Ruiz, respectively). Can this be changed? It really bugs me.

message 6: by Renske (new)

Renske | 10805 comments 5 That is a known issue and there is no solution for at the moment.

message 7: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13731 comments Renske wrote: "5 That is a known issue and there is no solution for at the moment."

OK, thanks.