Flash Fiction discussion

A call for submissions

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark | 146 comments Mod
Please consider submitting a story to “Condensed to Flash: World Classics,” an anthology for people who love concise writing that is intense, entertaining and educational. All stories 500 words or fewer.

This anthology features variations on the themes of world classics, condensed to 500 words or fewer. They are not summaries or CliffsNotes, but literary stories that stand on their own, the way Shakespeare or the Brothers Grimm were “retelling” what was written or told before them.

As Jules Verne said, “You are going to visit the land of marvels.”

Submit at http://vestalreview.org

message 2: by Adam (new)

Adam Lowe (adamlowe) | 2 comments Sounds interesting, Mark :P

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

This is close to spam.

message 4: by Kenny (new)

Kenny Chaffin (kennychaffin) | 133 comments I don't consider calls for submissions anywhere near spam.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Click on the website provided and you will see the details of no such contest provided.

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 21, 2015 04:39AM) (new)

I lie. The contest finishes on the 31st of January, 2015. Therefore, get in fast.

message 7: by Kenny (new)

Kenny Chaffin (kennychaffin) | 133 comments Gregory, it's NOT a contest. Can you read? It's a call for submissions.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Actually it sounds interesting but most classics have been done to death. I could do Paradise Lost by John Milton at a pinch but I'd be stretching things a bit.

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 21, 2015 05:04AM) (new)

Kenny wrote: "Gregory, it's NOT a contest. Can you read? It's a call for submissions."

It states very clearly that not all submissions will be included. The editors having a preference for "literary" stories. All of which makes me conclude that I stand a snowball's chance in hell.

message 10: by Mark (new)

Mark | 146 comments Mod
"It states very clearly that not all submissions will be included."

Gregory, no publication takes 100% of all submissions. Vestal Review's acceptance rate has never been more than 5%.

message 11: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 98 comments Gregory wrote: "Actually it sounds interesting but most classics have been done to death. I could do Paradise Lost by John Milton at a pinch but I'd be stretching things a bit."

took Milton two volumes to clear his throat...