The Selectionᵃᶰ ᵃᵈᵛᵃᶰᶜᵉᵈ ʳᵒˡᵉᵖˡᵃʸ discussion

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

avery ♞ do something revolutionary (averyreadsbooks) | 714 comments Mod
This is one of 3 main hallways on the first floor. Selected girls and royalty may walk or chat here, whereas maids and guards would be on duty.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 28, 2015 09:40AM) (new)

Morrigan was bored. And annoyed. She was not ready to have 35 Selected girls distract everyone's attention from her. She didn't even want to go into the dining room and deal with her mother, father, and peppy siblings. So, she would just stay in the hallway for a while. Maybe someone would show up. Maybe not. Morrigan just stayed there and smoothed out her silk black and gold gown. (view spoiler)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

((Just saying, use her name May less often and use pronouns like she more. Thanks!))
Morrigan heard someone approaching behind her and turned around. It was a maid. A low, dirty maid. She hadn't seen her before in the castle; so she must not be that high in rank of maids. What was she even doing now? Aren't the maids supposed to be in the kitchens making breakfast? Or cleaning the rooms? Or doing some sort of severing? Not skipping down a hallway and staring at the eldest princess?

"Who are you?" Morrigan spat at the maid.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Morrigan glared. This girl and her cheeky smile were going to be gone soon. Really soon. "You see May, you can't get out of things at the royal palace by smiling. It might of worked that way in the shack that you used to live in, but it doesn't work here. And being new doesn't give you an excuse. New maids get assigned low jobs such as milking cows here. And maids don't travel by the hallways. They usually travel outside. Or they beg for a pair of clean shoes then travel in the hallways."

Morrigan kept her cold look, and continued to glare. Oh, how she loved to mess with maids who dared to interfear with her.

message 6: by avery ♞ do something revolutionary, Head Mod (last edited Feb 28, 2015 10:34AM) (new)

Princess Astrid stepped out into the hallway. She wasn't especially hungry, and was planning to go out to the stables to ride her horse that morning. She soon saw her eldest sister, Morrigan, cracking down on one of the new maids. Why was it always Morrigan? Oh, that's right, Morrigan was a rude brat who hated all life.

"What's going on here?" Astrid demanded.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Morrigan glared at Astrid. She was always all happy, perfect, all daisies and rainbows. She also liked to get in the middle of every issue that wasn't of her concern or business. Astrid was probably down here skipping breakfast once again and going to ride one of her little ponies. Ugh, Morrigan would never go and touch one of though smelly animals that people rode.

"Nothing of your concern," Morrigan replied, glaring coldly at her.

Astrid smiled back at the maid who had nodded at her. Eager to help her, Astrid said, "What's your name?" Maybe, she could help her move higher up the ranks. It would be cool if this maid ended up being the maid of a Selected girl, and then that Selected girl won the Selection. Astrid was always thinking like that, always asking "What if?"

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Morrigan fiercely glared at the maid, "I would have never been raised in any dirty shack of a Six, I would have never been a maid being beaten, and I always will be princess much higher up than you!" She said coldly, "I shall also request that you are beaten in front of everyone tonight."

"And Astrid, don't talk to that peasant. You might as well be one yourself," Morrigan told her.

Astrid gave Morrigan a shocked face. "Okay, first off, I'm more of a princess than you'll ever be."

"Also, how could you say something like that? As princess, I request that this maid is not beaten in front of everyone tonight. And I bet I can get Will to agree with me," Astrid declared.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Morrigan laughed, "Darling, you are not acting very royal right now. Standing up for maids isn't royal. And I'll get mother to approve the beating."

Of course Maeve would approve of May's beating. She would probably do the same thing. And Morrigan is older than Astrid. Sure, Will would stand up for the maid, but Maeve still has more power.

Astrid gave Morrigan another glare. Just because she was older...

"I'll get Dad to agree with me!" Astrid said happily. After all, that got 3 royals, one the king, and one the crown prince, and although the queen had more power than Will, the king had more power than the queen.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Morrigan still smiled. She knew that she could convince her other royal siblings to get the maid beaten. Then she frowned falsely, "Oh, I guess you won." And if this maid was free, who said the other's weren't?

Astrid knew her sister was lying. After all, this was Morrigan. When wasn't she lying? Taking advantage of the opportunity, Astrid said "Good," somewhat snarkily. Feeling a bit hungry after arguing with her sister, Astrid walked over towards the dining hall for a quick breakfast.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Morrigan stayed in her chair. After Astrid left, she also got up and went to the dining hall. The first step was getting her mother to agree, which would be extremely easy. The hard part would be getting her other siblings to agree. All of them were goody-two-shoes. Except for Cecil. He might not even be in the dining hall.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments ((Haha, I've definitely not been stalking XD (Can't wait for our secret relationship with him and my selected!!!!!)))

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments ((Yeah, oops XD))

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier was having one of the worst days possible. By this point, he wasn't sure whether to scream or cry, and he just couldn't take it anymore. He was used to Morrigan, but hearing the fact that not only had his mother ordered to execute his love because she was "in the way", but she laughed about it! She didn't feel sorry in the least, not that she had taken a poor girl's life, not that she had caused Xavier's heartbreak. Xavier sat down on one of the benches and just stared at the plant across the hallway, not really caring if anyone decided to converse with him or not.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments ((Sorry that took so long, I had to get off for a moment))

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier looked up at the maid. "Oh, no. I'm fine." He wondered why she was in here, anyway. Apparently, Morrigan had slapped a maid that had just been cutting through here, which was frightening, even to him. Though she was cruel to Xavier, Morrigan had never physically harmed him. Although, that was probably because he was about six foot and could easily hurt her back. Pulling out f his thoughts once more, since they had drifted to Morrigan, he smiled weakly at the maid. "Thank you, though."

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments "I'm sorry, I'm keeping you from your work. Go on, I don't want to get you in trouble." Xavier smiled again, just a bit. "What do you think about the selection?" He asked randomly, knowing that was somewhat of a personal question and she might not even answer.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier nodded, understanding what she meant. "But…would you do it anyway? For the fame, the crown, the money? I honestly think a lot of these girls applied just for those things. I feel pretty bad for Will." Xavier didn't even know why he was talking to her about this, he didn't even know her name. Maybe he was just lonely, needed a friend somewhere that wouldn't mock him or anything.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier nodded once again at what she said before she looked down the hallway. "I'm very sorry. I really am keeping you from your work." She obviously wasn't going to leave if the prince himself was apologizing, so Xavier stood up next to her. "Please, let me accompany you for making you late already?"

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments ((No problem! I keep having to get off for a few minutes here and there, sorry!!))

Xavier followed her into each of the rooms. Instead of standing in the doorway and waiting for her, Xavier followed her in and helped with each of the sheets. "So, I never caught you name."

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier smiled. "Well, nice to meet you, Amara. Have you worked here very long?" He asked as the moved on to the next room.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier burst out through the door that led into the great room. He began pacing the floor before walking down the hallway to a small, secret spot he's almost never been found in. Who was that girl? How did she even know about Clara? Was that supposed to be some kind of sick joke or something? Because that was obviously not a coincidence. No way. Xavier rested his elbows on his knees, and his forehead on his hands. This was all too much to handle right now. None of this would've happened if his mother had been even a somewhat-decent person and hadn't even…killed…Clara in the first place. Xavier sighed and ran his hand through his hair again. "It would've been so much easier if this had just been my selection."

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier listened to her speak. A single year fell down his cheek and he quickly wiped it away. He stood up and confronted her. "Who are you really and why do you enjoy torturing me so much? How do you even know about Clara? Because let me tell you, she's dead. My own mother killed her, and I'm never getting my love back again. Now, tell me, who are-" Xavier stopped when she called him X. X. There were only two people in the world that have ever called him-or even know that's a nickname option for him-X. Juli and…Clara. Xavier stood still once more, staring at the familiar, beautiful face he loved. "But how?" He whispered after a minute. "You…you're dead. She said she watched you…die."

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier let out a sob, not able to hold it in any longer. He rarely, very rarely cried about anything. But Clara always found the deepest emotion in him, no matter what it was. "Oh god." He stepped forward and wrapped his arms tightly around her, resting his chin on her shoulder. "I'm never letting you go again. I swear." Xavier leaned back for a second, looking into her eyes. "I just can't believe it. Why didn't you ever try to…come back? Or…I don't know, nevermind, that's a stupid question." He let out a small laugh before pulling her against him again.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments "Yeah, yeah, I know. That's why I told you not to answer it." Xavier smiled lightly and looked down at her. He stared at her for a minute, not able to look away. "I just can't believe this is real." He smiled at her, but realized she was still here for his brother. Which meant she was Will's property, and the two couldn't be found together or they would both be in serious trouble. Xavier led her over to the bench he had been sitting on, tucked into the corner, hidden from view. "I don't know what to do, Clara. I'm still allowed to call you that, right? Oh, well, I'm going to anyway so nevermind about that. Back to the point, you're here for Will," Xavier said sadly, looking down at her.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier nodded. "Yeah. I don't know. We'll have to be really careful about it, though. They may be my family, but as you've witnessed, most of them could care less that we're family. or that I'm even alive or not." Xavier shrugged. It was the truth, but he wished it wasn't. He just wanted a loving family that could approve of who he loves, or even just recognize sone of the things he does. "And I know, I'll call you Aria in public." Xavier paused again. "I can't believe Will might end up being why we can't be together. If he likes you, there's the chance of you even becoming…becoming his…wife. If he doesn't, you'll be sent home and you won't be able to come back."

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier looked down, taking her hands in his. "Yeah, I know. But honestly, you have me too. Even if it comes down to just…I don't know, asking him about it or doing something for him, I'll do it." Xavier sighed once more, and tilted her face up slightly. "Oh great. Now you have to redo you makeup before you go back in there. Sorry," he said, a small one-sided grin playing on his lips.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments "Good. No offense, but you need it," he laughed a bit. When she asked if he had changed, he wanted to answer with a joke. He did at first, but then answered honestly. "I don't know, haven't been around enough people to change." Xavier smiled, but then leaned back against the back of the bench. "A little, I think. I mean…my family definitely dislikes me more than before they knew about you. But…I don't know, Clara. Honestly, I think you being gone made me grow up more. I hate it, but it's true."

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier laughed. A real, true laugh that he probably only had about five times in the year she was gone. He wrapped one arm around her waist, kissing her forehead. "God I missed you." He was about to say something when he heard guards coming. "Wonderful. They ruin everything. Go on, you should go back. Just tell them you had to go the bathroom or something, if they ask." After a pause, he smiled. "Can we meet somewhere? Tonight? Even if it's just for a few minutes, I mean…maybe, I don't know. Technically, I don't think you'd be allowed out of your room, but…you could sneak out or I could meet you somewhere or I don't know something else?" Xavier rambled on with a smile.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 480 comments Xavier grinned at her. "Great. Library, midnight? Everyone should be asleep by then and there will be less guards stationed and making rounds." He stood up and kissed her quickly before heading down one corridor, the opposite of what she would be taking. He was absolutely ecstatic, he still couldn't believe she was really here, even after all of that. Everything always seemed against Xavier, he just assumed this would be, too.

The Selectionᵃᶰ ᵃᵈᵛᵃᶰᶜᵉᵈ ʳᵒˡᵉᵖˡᵃʸ

unread topics | mark unread