Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Week 120: January 19-25 (Colours of the Rainbow)

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ZaraS (last edited Jan 19, 2015 08:26PM) (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer My apologies for the lateness of posting this thread. It totally slipped my mind because I've been helping my daughter paint her room. This week's theme has been inspired by this.

Let's read books whose cover/s has/have any of the colours of the rainbow on them.

The colours of the rainbow are (the colour swatches are just a few examples to help you choose your books):

photo 2000px-Color_icon_redsvg.png - R - RED

photo tangerine-dream-orange-wedding-colour-scheme.jpg - O - ORANGE

photo 2000px-Color_icon_yellowsvg.png - Y - YELLOW

photo 2000px-Color_icon_greensvg.png - G - GREEN

photo 2000px-Color_icon_bluesvg.png - B - BLUE

photo Indigo_plant_extract_sample.jpg - I - INDIGO (appears to have more blue that purple in it. It has a purple hue).

photo 610478_1306873698991_200_200.jpg - V - VIOLET

message 2: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Ashling wrote: "Colors of the Rainbow Weekly Challenge
I will try to read at least 4 colors.
This week I will be reading
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell(green and red)
Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead(violet)
[bookcov..."

Hi Ashling,

I've heard all sorts of good things about 'Fangirl' I hope you enjoy your reading for this week.

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments yay! love the theme!!

I will be reading: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling
I think the whole cover is pretty rainbow colored! LOL

message 4: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Trisha wrote: "yay! love the theme!!

I will be reading: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling
I think the whole cover is pretty rainbow colored! LOL"

I agree Trisha, the cover is pretty rainbow coloured.

message 5: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7247 comments I'm going to read Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins .

message 6: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7503 comments I will be reading Same Difference by Siobhan Vivian . I think it covers pretty much all of the colours.

message 7: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer So many great books. Their covers are awesome.

message 8: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 188 comments I don't know if this counts but I'm reading Gadget Girl The Art of Being Invisible by Suzanne Kamata which has violet & orange. Then I want to reread Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee , that is a really dark violet/purple? IDK.

message 9: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Ashly wrote: "I don't know if this counts but I'm reading Gadget Girl The Art of Being Invisible by Suzanne Kamata which has violet & orange. Then I want to reread Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee, that is a r..."

These both look great Ashly. I'm flexible with the colours as there is a lot of variation with them.

message 10: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 188 comments Zara wrote: "Ashly wrote: "I don't know if this counts but I'm reading Gadget Girl The Art of Being Invisible by Suzanne Kamata which has violet & orange. Then I want to reread [bookcover:Angelfall|11500217..."

thank you, and yes they are great books. :)

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Mandiann wrote: "I will be reading Same Difference by Siobhan Vivian. I think it covers pretty much all of the colours."

YAY! I love that author! I can't wait to see what you think!

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan | 3011 comments I'll be reading The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2) by Page Morgan

message 13: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I will read Mystery Falls (Mystery Falls, #1) by Marilyn Phillips

message 14: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments I will be reading: Love Reborn (Dead Beautiful, #3) by Yvonne Woon (Yellow, Purple and Blue)

message 15: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7247 comments I finished mine already. I gave Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins ★★★.

message 16: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments I choose to read:

The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan
(Blue and Yellow)

message 17: by Georgie (new)

Georgie Chiu (iamgeorgie) | 14 comments Yes Please by Amy Poehler
I have just finished mine! Red and Blue

message 18: by Jess (new)

Jess | 779 comments I'm going to read Whisper the Dead (The Lovegrove Legacy, #2) by Alyxandra Harvey (blue) & Vicious by V.E. Schwab (orange)

message 19: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Well done Georgia and Hannah on finishing.

message 20: by Megan (new)

Megan | 3011 comments I finished mine The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2) by Page Morgan (Blue) 5*

message 21: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Megan wrote: "I finished mine The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2) by Page Morgan (Blue) 5*"

Well done Megan.

message 22: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 2834 comments I'll be reading The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon as well!!

message 23: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Finished with my book. Still thinking of what to rate it. :)

message 24: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7503 comments Mandiann wrote: "I will be reading Same Difference by Siobhan Vivian. I think it covers pretty much all of the colours."

I finished my book. Read it pretty much in one sitting today. I really enjoyed it!!!

message 25: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Mandiann wrote: "Mandiann wrote: "I will be reading Same Difference by Siobhan Vivian. I think it covers pretty much all of the colours."

I finished my book. Read it pretty much in one sitting today. I reall..."

Excellent Mandiann

message 26: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I finished my book Mystery Falls (Mystery Falls, #1) by Marilyn Phillips (3 stars) and thought it was cute but nothing amazing.

message 27: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 188 comments Gadget Girl The Art of Being Invisible by Suzanne Kamata I gave this one 3.5 stars. I liked it but I wanted more. I'm still reading Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee but its a re-read and of course I'm going to give it 5 stars again. I love it.

message 28: by Jess (new)

Jess | 779 comments Finished Whisper the Dead (The Lovegrove Legacy, #2) by Alyxandra Harvey (4 stars)

message 29: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (last edited Jan 27, 2015 04:43PM) (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5517 comments I didn't make it during the deadline period. Still reading.

The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan 1/27 (4 stars)

message 30: by Jess (new)

Jess | 779 comments Finished Vicious by V.E. Schwab _(3 stars)