What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > College students ate professors brain?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard (new)

Richard (mrredwood) | 14 comments Sometime in the 1980s, or maybe the early 1990s, there was a strange novel that involved some college students who killed a professor and ate his brain (sucking it up through a straw after using an immersion blender, if I recall correctly). I think the protagonist student later had some conversations with the professor-in-his-brain, but I'm not sure.

(Brought to mind, for better or worse, due to a Facebook discussion that brought up this book:)

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
Richard, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 3: by Richard (last edited Sep 03, 2017 06:20PM) (new)

Richard (mrredwood) | 14 comments Lol. No, I never did find it.

I'm a little surprised — usually someone in the "What's The Name of That Book???" group knows this kinda stuff instantly.

It's hard to search for this kinda thing — the search terms I used for Google ended up with results all across creation.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
New members and people who have only now seen this thread may recognize your book, so don't give up yet.

The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1476 comments Are you still looking for this? Was it horrific in tone, or more comedic? I'm curious about what this is.

message 6: by Richard (new)

Richard (mrredwood) | 14 comments I'd be curious, but I'm not actively looking.

Definitely more humorous. Vaguely in the world of gonzo writing (as if Hunter S. Thompson had written it, kinda).

I coulda sworn it was "Kalifornia" or something like that, but that didn't help back when I was actively searching.