Memoir Authors discussion

Share Your Books and Writing > I am a spirituality/memoir author looking to exchange critiques

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly Alastra | 25 comments I like this idea Mollie. I am a similar type of writer and I'd be interested in looking at your stuff. I live in Montana, but my sister lives in Seattle. My book is Beyond My Body... http://www.amazon.com/Naughty-Girl-Ho...
if you are interested. Always good to meet fellow authors with similar interests! Best wishes.

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly Alastra | 25 comments I will email you. Check your junk because sometimes I end up there! :(

message 3: by Diana (new)

Diana Maryon | 8 comments Mollie wrote: "I'm a spirituality/self-help author looking to exchange critiques. Even brief critiques are very useful to me. Email me at mollie@mollieplayer.com if you'd like to do something like this. My readin..."

Write to me at diana dot maryon at telus dot net . This is my book O Love How Deep, which I can send you in .pdf form. I write under a pseudonym, for the protection of several people living and dead.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary Stobie (patchworkmary) | 10 comments Mollie, Hi! Can you send me a short piece? mry_jeanne@yahoo.com. I'm starting a spiritual memoir. More private than the memoir I just published, You Fall Off, You get Back on. I wouldn't mind exchanging short pieces to get some feedback. Great idea!

message 5: by Joe (new)

Joe Kaplan | 4 comments I just finished my memoir. My personal story of growing up in a small town in the mountains of NC. Not in spirituality genre however. would like to meet others who have written memoirs

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate Walter (katewalter) | 28 comments Hello, My memoir just came out in June.
Looking for a Kiss: A Chronicle of Downtown
Heartbreak & Healing by Kate Walter
(Heliotrope Books)
Kate

message 7: by Joe (new)

Joe Kaplan | 4 comments My memoir was published last month:
You Can't Coach Height - Growing up Tall,Jewish, and Free in a Small Mountain Town in WNC. (western North Carolina)

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate Walter (katewalter) | 28 comments congratulations.who published it? ?

message 9: by Joe (new)

Joe Kaplan | 4 comments I am a partner in a company called The Cheerful Word which helps people write their memoirs. I joined the company earlier this year after the owner, Ruth Ann (Sam) Uhl asked me to become her business partner. Sam is a Personal Historian who I met when I took her 8 week workshop on memoir writing. After the workshop I retained her to help me write my book which I had begun a couple of years previously. We published my book and are now in the business of looking for other potential authors. You can find us at www.cheerfulword.com

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Newhall (barbara_falconer_newhall) | 16 comments My memoir/spirituality book came out a couple of months ago. It's "Wrestling with God: Stories of Doubt and Faith." Patheos Press is the publisher. Writers interested in religion and spirituality might want to check out the Patheos.com website -- all kinds of blogs, posts, articles, etc. on this lively interfaith site. Patheos Press is an offshoot of the website; it publishes primarily ebooks. Might be a good publisher for some of you memoirists.

I'm have my first Goodreads GIVEAWAY Wed - Fri, July 8-10. Check it out.Wrestling With God: Stories of Doubt and Faith

message 11: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracyline) | 4 comments HI All, I too am a spiritual memoir writer and want to let you know I'm doing a giveaway on goodreads this week. Here is the link if you want to sign up!
https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/en...

Will be looking for your books friends, they sound interesting! :)

message 12: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Newhall (barbara_falconer_newhall) | 16 comments Tracy. I entered your book giveaway. I hope I win! Book looks interesting.

message 13: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Newhall (barbara_falconer_newhall) | 16 comments Wish I could do critiquing with some of you. I love doing that. But right now promoting my book "Wrestling With God," is taking everything I've got. No time to write, let alone read other MSS in progress.

Reading other people's work is a great way to hone your writing skills -- my opinion.

message 14: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracyline) | 4 comments Barbara wrote: "Wish I could do critiquing with some of you. I love doing that. But right now promoting my book "Wrestling With God," is taking everything I've got. No time to write, let alone read other MSS in pr..."

Barbara, Congrats on your new book coming out. I love the title!

message 15: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracyline) | 4 comments Thanks Barbara, would love it if you won! :) Perhaps we can chat more sometimes about writing.