2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Horns
This topic is about Horns
. Week 11: One Word Title > Horns by Joe Hill

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Megan (bookworm_booklover) | 170 comments I haven't read this book before, in fact I never saw the movie either, but I saw it had Daniel Radcliffe in it so I was intrigued. I did a little bit more research and found it was actually based off of a book! I'm dying to see the movie but I'm making myself read this first so - one word title it is!

I'm reading out of order, so I've already started this. I am currently on chapter 8.

Jennifer Van Beveren | 93 comments I want to read this too! Please let me know what you think :)
Enjoy

Megan (bookworm_booklover) | 170 comments I just finished it! I have to say it's a love hate relationship. I liked parts, disliked one section in particular but I came out liking it in the end. It's one of those books that you're left afterwards wondering if you really like it or just like it. I've heard mixed reviews on it, so I would love to hear if you think the same!

Jennifer Van Beveren | 93 comments Awesome! Thanks Megan. It's definitely going on my "to read" list! Will let you know when I read it :)

message 5: by Laura, Mod (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura | 599 comments Mod
If you like the writer then definitely check out Joe Hill's other books. This one seems a little strange to me but the other two (NOS4A2 and Heart-Shaped Box) are so amazing. I can tell he's Stephen King's son but I personally think he's a better writer. I'm reading Horns for a different week.

Megan (bookworm_booklover) | 170 comments Laura, I'm definitely going to check out some of his other stuff, I had never read anything by him before. If the other stuff is better than Horns then I'm excited! haha!

message 7: by Laura, Mod (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura | 599 comments Mod
I like Heart Shaped Box slightly more than NOS4A2 but they're both great. He also does a lot of graphic novels of that's your type of thing

Megan (bookworm_booklover) | 170 comments Good to know, maybe I'll check out his graphic stuff for the graphic novel week. I've only ever read one...

Meagan Rupert | 18 comments currently reading Horns. It's an odd book, but I cannot put it down.

Megan (bookworm_booklover) | 170 comments Meagan wrote: "currently reading Horns. It's an odd book, but I cannot put it down."

My thoughts exactly!

message 11: by Brittany (last edited Feb 27, 2015 07:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brittany (gamerkiti) I also chose this book for this topic, and after already watching the movie I am in love with the book. I really like how it is more detailed. I've got about 150 pages left so I'm hoping to knock it out either tonight or tomorrow by lunch!!!

UPDATE: ok, so i just finished reading and i have to say i loved the book SO much more than the movie!! other than the attention to detail i feel like the ending was well written. I honestly can't think of another way that the book could have ended. It just makes sense. you start off with a love hate relationship really but by the end you're questioning yourself as to why you ever might have hated the book in the first place!!

Megan (bookworm_booklover) | 170 comments Brittany wrote: "I also chose this book for this topic, and after already watching the movie I am in love with the book. I really like how it is more detailed. I've got about 150 pages left so I'm hoping to knock i..."

That's exactly how I felt and at the start it was like crazy love/hate and by the end I couldn't stop thinking about it. When I was reviewing it and rating it I was like 'I don't know what to feel! What do I feel?!' haha! Glad I'm not the only one who felt this way, a lot of people seem to be Love or Hate not the weird place in the middle.