Brantford Public Library's Online Book Club discussion

Leaving Time
This topic is about Leaving Time
Leaving Time > INTERESTING Observation - Spoiler

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brantford Public Library | 453 comments Mod
Did anyone notice that Jenna was three years old when she died but her spirit in the story is a young teenager?

In a story with a twist as big as this one, there are bound to be some inconsistencies in the plot. Did you notice any other situations that didn't quite make sense once the twist at the end was revealed?

Anna (iudita) | 450 comments I hadn't thought about Jenna's age. Does that get addressed anywhere at the end of the book? I don't recall. I found oddities in the plot around Jenna's grandmother. I was just confused about her roll in the book and I thought her behaviour was weird. Like Jenna would disappear for lengths of time and her grandmother never seemed to be looking for her. And then there were a few scenes of dialogue between Jenna and her grandmother... usually something to do with Alice, but I don't understand the significance of those conversations, especially since they were both spirits. Ugh...so confusing.

Karen (karen1278) | 428 comments There were confusing instances throughout this book, i think when I re-read IT I will actually have to TAKE NOTES! Not sure even then that things will mesh. But, I really did like the plot of this book, it could have been so much more.