Young Adult Roleplay discussion

1x1x1 Roleplay > Max & Aimee find an Angel with a Shotgun eating Applejacx

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments For Aimee, Max, and I'm an Angel with a shotgun

message 2: by Applejaxc (new)

Applejaxc | 1003 comments I'm not sure if that other guy sniped my spot or not...

But there's a fantastic nightcore rendition of "Angel with a Shotgun"

message 3: by Applejaxc (new)

Applejaxc | 1003 comments I'm partial to speculative fiction of all kinds

message 4: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Doesn't matter to me.

message 5: by Applejaxc (new)

Applejaxc | 1003 comments Aimee said a 3-way RP with "You guys" which I assumed referred to the people that posted before her (Max and myself)

message 6: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Technically it is a 4 person rp since I didn't know Applejaxc was going to be a part of it.

message 7: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments I was referring to those who initially replied to my post...Max and Angel

message 8: by Applejaxc (new)

Applejaxc | 1003 comments Well Max and I were going back and forth before you posted in the requests...

message 9: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments to be honest, I don't think it really matters, but if you guys want to move...

message 10: by Applejaxc (new)

Applejaxc | 1003 comments It's settled then.

High fantasy isn't my preference; I'm more of a low-mid person (a setting in which every other house belongs to a master wizard isn't very believable)

What about a 4-way competition of some sort? Or 2v2?

message 11: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Any ideas?

message 12: by Applejaxc (new)

Applejaxc | 1003 comments High-fantasy means a lot of magic and an omnipresent threat of supernatural Evil or constant dragon attacks/et cetera. If you want kings and queens, you should just say feudal European/medieval.

message 13: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments I'm fine with that.

message 14: by Applejaxc (new)

Applejaxc | 1003 comments Hell. I can play a pretty mean pragmatic (someone that would be considered evil/uncaring by most, but is just trying to make the world a better place without morals/ethics getting in the way. IE, he would solve world hunger through killing all physically/mentally incapable people, et cetera. Like Paul Redeker in World War Z)

And I can play a decent goodguy.

message 15: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments I'm fine with Max making the initial post with the world description and setting.

message 16: by Applejaxc (new)

Applejaxc | 1003 comments Then Max and Angel vs Aimee and Applejaxc?

message 17: by Applejaxc (new)

Applejaxc | 1003 comments Aimee wrote: "I'm fine with Max making the initial post with the world description and setting."

But... I love world building.

message 18: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments I'm fine with whatever you guys have in mind. I'll just follow along for now.

message 19: by Applejaxc (new)

Applejaxc | 1003 comments My ears are burning. <3

I won't start writing anything until we've decided on a genre, though. I'm only 1/4 of the vote so if you guys want evil cultists vs heroes we can do it.

message 20: by Applejaxc (new)

Applejaxc | 1003 comments Do we want this to be a short RP (heroes already know about the cult and they get to a fight scene quickly) or? I've never actually run anything that was Player vs Player in an RP (not saying I'm running this in anyway)

message 21: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments When I've done player vs. player there's always someone like a dungeon master who decides if an attack hits or misses... usually via dice so it's random. Other times, it's the player getting attacked to decide if the attack hits or misses. This one's sometimes problematic if people aren't willing to get hit.

message 22: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments i've done dice with D&D style, quidditch, and just random battle rps. It's a good way to keep things simple and rather equal.

message 23: by Applejaxc (new)

Applejaxc | 1003 comments I started roleplaying in Dungeons and Dragons. Give me a few days and I could hammer out some fantastic level 5 characters for all of you and I'd run the most grueling dungeon-crawling adventure of all time.

But I think leaving it up to the player is faster. I trust myself to be able to reasonably judge how good my character is and their ability to defend himself from an incoming attack, and if I feel they are sufficient to avoid being hit will write a sufficient response explaining why (I never write "You miss" or "My character blocks")

Can all of you write reasonably well-detailed but easy to understand combat maneuvers? Better than "He swings" but less complex than "He performs the Three-Shield Monte!" ?

message 24: by Applejaxc (new)

Applejaxc | 1003 comments Fenris and the Fallacy (the RP Max and I are currently in) is in the same campaign world I usually play Dungeons and Dragons in, so I think Max can vouch for my ability to do fantasy. But I don't have any dice with me and I don't want every post to be

"He swings!" (I got 1d20 + modifier) and have to check someone else's armor class constantly.

message 25: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Personally I would like more than just a D&D game. It's up to you guys. I'm up for whatever.

message 26: by Applejaxc (new)

Applejaxc | 1003 comments So then we aren't doing dice, and I won't be a Dungeon Master.

Sorry, but apparently I have a 2 hour drive ahead of me and I probably won't have mobile service most of the way there, and will be getting in bed when I arrive.
I'll keep up with you guys while I can but for the most part consider me done for tonight.

message 27: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Why don't we come up with a setting and basic plot starter?

message 28: by Applejaxc (new)

Applejaxc | 1003 comments Im not a DAI fan... Or a fan of any DAs outside of sleepiv with thenelf girl in the second game. <3

If the plot is goinf to follow 2 heroes, what are the 2 villains doing in the interim?

message 29: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Why don't we come up with a setting, plot, characters, and just jump in?

message 30: by Applejaxc (new)

Applejaxc | 1003 comments So 2 heroic do-gooders. I'm thinking some kind of Paladin-type hero and his/her competing goodguy (they both want to do good, but they're on-and-off competing for fame?)

And 2 villainous villains. Maybe one wants to rule the world, the other wants to destroy it...

(Also can you modify the title to be "Max and Aimee find an Angel With a Shotgun and Applejaxc crashes the party" ?)

message 31: by Applejaxc (new)

Applejaxc | 1003 comments Feudal-European fantasy is the easiest for evil cultist and grandiose hero stuff. But I don't want to plan much more until Angel gets a chance to post; I think we scared him/her off and I feel bad having done it as a 4th wheel.