Truth (Consequences, #2)
This topic is about Truth
Truth > Truth (Book 2) Aleatha Romig

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
Description

Claire survived the consequences.

Through strength and compartmentalization, Claire Nichols captivated her captor. Though Anthony Rawlings thought he taught Claire to behave, his domination became desire, and his obsession morphed into love. Or was it? When her choices pushed Anthony's relentless vendetta too far, Claire barely survived the consequences.

Discover the truth.

Now, armed with new information and more questions than answers, Claire works to uncover the truth behind the dangerous game at play. As she begins anew, she must decide whom she can truly trust, especially with a new set of players on the move.

New set of rules.

With everything to lose and a manipulative game master controlling the board, Claire and Tony duel by a new set of rules. When thrust together once again, can they learn to trust each other to overcome new dangers? Or will this be Tony's second attempt at domination? Can Claire resist the man she'd never before been able to resist? Hatred and love. Deception and truth. Old habits and new beginnings. As this real-life game of chess plays out, past sins will come to light and new secrets will be revealed. With so much riding on each move, the stakes have never been higher.

Cast List

Claire Nichols: Divorced from Tony and in a medium security prison for attempted murder.

Anthony (Tony) Rawlings: Businessman and CEO who manipulated Claire Nichols into an agreement that separated her from family and friends, making her submit to his will. He's 6'4" with brown hair and dark brown, almost black eyes.

Jane Allyson: Claire's attorney.

Amber McCoy: Simon's former fiancée. Head of SiJo

Simon Johnson: Claire's college boyfriend, a wealthy entrepreneur and who was engaged to Amber.

Courtney Simmons: Married to Brent.

John Vandersol: Claire's brother-in-law, married to Emily, lawyer

Emily: Claire's sister, teacher

Mr. Pulvara: Jeweler

Marie Rawls: Sharron's aide

Cindy: cook

Francis:

Meredith Banks: Claire's sorority sister, now a news reporter.

Tom:

Richard Bosley: Govenor

Samuel Anton Rawls: Anton's father

Harrison Baldwin: Amber's brother, works SiJo

Sharron Rawls: Married to Nathaniel.

Shelly: Anthony's publicist.

Jonathon Burke:

Sherman Nichols: FBI

Amanda Rawls: Married to Samuel

Tim: works for Tony

Nathaniel Rawls: Anton's grandpa

Catherine: Tony's housekeeper

Liz: Harrison's ex and Amber's assistant

Phillip Roach: PI

Sophia Rossi Burke Married to Derek, artist, free spirit

Marcus Evergreen: D.A.

Derek Burke: Works for Tony's company

Brent: Tony's lawyer

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
I cannot believe Claire is feeling benevolent to this guy!!!

message 4: by Kris - My Novelesque Life (last edited Jan 24, 2015 02:24PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

OMG!!! Thank you! I couldn't believe it either. Felt like I was alone with that feeling.

This is so not romantic. I'm so angry with her for the way she treated Amber and Harry. Just finished the first third.

No I don't see it as a romance at all. I felt the same way on how she treated people who were on her side.

It is preposterous to think after everything he put her through that she wouldn't spit in his face.

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 15 comments *smiling* Read on, Ladies.

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 15 comments Ask yourself: Is everything you see as Truth, true? Is everyone who they seem to be? The game isn't over until the last page of the last book.

Right now? I'm still fuming:)

I was loving the first third of the novel when Claire was finding her pre-Tony self, patching things up with Emily and trying to get back at Tony. Then when she waivers...Claire starts to lose me. Funny thing is that I buy it from Claire. I mean I couldn't believe she fell in love and married him in the first book!

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 15 comments Kris - all I can say is read on. There is so much more for you to learn. And no, it's not your typical romance by any stretch of the imagination. I fumed, fussed, threw things, & screamed omg through all of the main 3 books. You must read all the way through Convicted to get the story & learn who is who, who is in control, who to trust, who is a villain...and who will shock you in the end.

*grumble, grumble* Okay:)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 15 comments I just can't wait for you to read the opening pages of Convicted. Or the ending of Truth for that matter...

Sandra - I did finish Convicted and despite all that was revealed I still don't think it excuses all of Tony's behaviour from Consequences. This could be just me but I still could not see it as a romance and instead of liking Tony I came to not like Claire. I'm still going to finish the series as I do like the psychological thriller aspect.

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 15 comments Didn't realize you were finished Kris. Sorry you didn't like it. I absolutely loved it. I don't think the author ever meant to mimic a typical romance & I didn't read it that way. For me, it was more about figuring things out, the who, what, why...but having said that, I ended up loving Claire & Tony together. I think they both stood up & owned their mistakes (yes, even Claire). There are a few things you learn in BHE books that gave me an Aha moment or two. And even the last book, Beyond the Consequences, answers a lingering question or two.

I did like the books as it had me on edge and the twists were amazing...I loved s lot of the characters but did not like Tony and Claire. Romig is a good writer since I'm down for the whole series even Tony's books and I don't even like him lol. Glad you and Jonetta suggested them :)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 15 comments Everyone is different...I have several friends who loved them like me, & I have a couple who didn't. I'm in love with the darker, twisted emotional reads with couples carrying a boatload of damaged baggage. And if they keep me guessing, shock me, make me scream - all the better! lol

I agree. I like psychological dark thrillers myself.

I'm wrapping up the 2nd of three parts (2 hours to go) and I'm getting weary of Claire's handling of Tony and her mixed feelings of "love" and fear.