Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Encyclopedia of Witches & Witchcraft
Book Cover Help > The Encyclopedia of Witches & Witchcraft

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aibohphobia (new) - added it

Aibohphobia (aibohpphobia) | 216 comments Here's the cover for "The Encyclopedia of Witches & Witchcraft", ISBN 0965036712. I scanned it myself!

It's here:
http://i.imgur.com/S0Wg66B.jpg

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex | 2739 comments That is an invalid ISBN. Are you sure that is what it says on the book? Perhaps that is the ISBN13 without the 978?

message 3: by Aibohphobia (new) - added it

Aibohphobia (aibohpphobia) | 216 comments Hmm, that's what it says on the back of the book.

The ISBN-13 is 9780965036719 - again, per the back of the book.

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex | 2739 comments That ISBN13 converts into this ISBN10: 0965036715, so I assume the invalid one is a printing error. That book was already on GR with the same cover, here:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
However, its cover image was incredibly tiny, so I've switched it with the one you provided. Thank you!
I'll also be merging the two editions.

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex | 2739 comments Hmmm, actually there's a bit of an issue with that ISBN already being assigned to another book, as the importer might have gotten the wrong information. Could you confirm the details for your book (i.e. publisher, pub. date, page #, etc.)?

message 6: by Aibohphobia (last edited Jan 20, 2015 12:10PM) (new) - added it

Aibohphobia (aibohpphobia) | 216 comments Sure!

Title: "The Encyclopedia of Witches & Witchcraft"
Author: Rosemary Ellen Guiley
Edition: Second Edition
Publisher: Facts on File, Inc.
Copyright: 1999
Binding: Paperback
Pages: 417

Here's another clue to work with:

The copyright page says
ISBN 0-8160-3848-1 (hardcover)
ISBN 0-8160-3849-X (paperback)

It's possible that I got this book when I was a member of the Quality Paperback Book Club some years ago. I've noticed this with other books I got from them - they reprint the entire original hardback, including the copyright page, and the only change they would make would be to the ISBN information on the back cover.

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex | 2739 comments I'm actually not sure about what to do in this case. I'll have to ask a more experienced librarian for a second opinion.

message 8: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments I would think that you would use the one on the back cover in that circumstance.