Historical Mystery Lovers discussion

Anna Lee Huber
This topic is about Anna Lee Huber
Featured Authors > Featured Author November 2020 - Anna Lee Huber

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 1156 comments The Anatomist's Wife has been on my TBR for awhile (maybe as long as October's author) so that will probably be my choice. I hope I enjoy November as much as I did October.

message 3: by Helen (new)

Helen (helenfrominyocounty) | 90 comments I read all of Ms. Huber's works, and enjoy them. They are historical mysteries combined with the personal (love) lives of the heroine. Lady Darby (the anatomist's wife) has a tainted past (no fault of her own), and Verity Kent in the second series is trying to overcome the horrors of WWI.

Just recently read and reviewed A Pretty Deceit for NetGalley. Here's my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... However, as in all series books, don't start here. You'll miss a lot of back story if you do. Same with the Lady Darby books.

message 4: by Alice (new)

Alice | 594 comments I have read all of her books except A Pretty Deceit so I will read that one. I enjoy them very much. Characters and setting are well written.

message 5: by RachelG. (new)

RachelG. | 338 comments I plan to try both The Anatomist's Wife and This Side of Murder.

message 6: by RachelG. (new)

RachelG. | 338 comments I wasn't sure how I felt about This Side of Murder until the big reveal half way through. After that I really wanted to know what would happen next. I really enjoyed the story and will read on in the series.

I started The Anatomist's Wife and it seemed really familiar. Apparently I had read it and the second Lady Darby book a few years ago so I decided to read A Grave Matter for November. I really like that Lady Darby is an artist because it makes her different from other books set in this time period. The Scotland setting feels appropriate with our current fall weather in the Seattle area.

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan | 72 comments Love her books!!

message 8: by Robin (new)

Robin Holmes Richardson (acetax) | 206 comments Finished The Anatomist's Wife 11/07/2020

Very good...love the Scottish setting

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan Parks | 1 comments Just started A Pretty Deceit, and I have read all the others.

message 10: by Alice (new)

Alice | 594 comments I am reading A Pretty Deceit (Verity Kent #4) by Anna Lee Huber . The latest in the Verity Kent series. Good recaps on of WWI and we are introduced to some new relatives. Enjoying it so far.

message 11: by Alice (new)

Alice | 594 comments Alice wrote: "I am reading A Pretty Deceit (Verity Kent #4) by Anna Lee Huber. The latest in the Verity Kent series. Good recaps on of WWI and we are introduced to some new relatives. Enjoying it so far."

So I finished it today. It was good but not my favorite in this series. I did like her Aunt quite entertaining. Plot dragged a bit.

message 12: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 266 comments I tried my first Verity Kent book (This Side of Murder) and really enjoyed it. The series is quite different from the Lady Darby ones, but there were plenty of twists and turns in it. For some reason, it reminds me quite a bit of the Amory Ames mystery series, though it's set in a different time period and the characters aren't particularly similar.

Looking forward to reading more from this series!

message 13: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 1156 comments Finished The Anatomist's Wife and liked it a lot. I will be continuing the series.

message 14: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 1156 comments For those in the US, Amazon has Treacherous Is the Night for $2.

message 15: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 138 comments I've read the first six Lady Darby & loved them. Haven't read the Verity Kent yet. Something to look forward to.

message 16: by Joel (new)

Joel Rosenthal | 4 comments I just finished Murder Most Fair, the new Verity Kent 5. Another great book in this series that takes place just after WWI. This is one of my three favorite series along with Rowland Sinclair (Sulari Gentill) and Lane Winslow (Iona Wickshaw).

message 17: by Alice (new)

Alice | 594 comments I am reading Murder Most Fair by Anna Lee Huber. Set in 1919 England. Very good series. Lots of discussion about a country recovering from WWI