All the Books! discussion

Paper Towns
This topic is about Paper Towns
Archive - Past Group Reads > Paper Towns by John Green

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited Jan 19, 2015 12:22PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
Who is the real Margo?

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs into his life—dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge—he follows. After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues—and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew...

Brandy | 2535 comments I've had this on my to read list for a long time. Hope there wont be any crying in this book. But it is John Green so......

Brie | 569 comments Brandy wrote: "I've had this on my to read list for a long time. Hope there wont be any crying in this book. But it is John Green so......"

I agree Brandy, I'm not big on crying either and so have never read John Green due to that but we shall see..

Brandy | 2535 comments My niece is totally evil and talked me into reading the Fault in our Stars last year. I found it to be a wonderful book but total tear jerker. She told me this isn't a sad one....but she is evil so I can't trust her. lol

Nicola | 138 comments I've read this one before. As far as I can remember it's not an emotional one! It's more fun. You're right though, John Green loves to make us cry haha.

Brie | 569 comments Good to hear Nicola!

message 7: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
I've always avoided John Green books because if the crying factor for sure. I still would like to read The Fault in Our Stars eventually. I'm glad this one isn't a tearjerker haha especially since I'll probably listen to it at work!

Brandy | 2535 comments I decided to start this a bit early, mostly because I didn't have my iPod updated and needed something to listen to. but so far so good.

message 9: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
That's alright, I'm still on hold so I couldn't start even if I wanted to. Plus I have so many books to catch up on before Feb 1st lol.

Brandy | 2535 comments you still have 10 days to get the book.

Brandy | 2535 comments Done. I liked it. That is all I will say for now. I am a bit early on this one. :)

message 12: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
My copy just came in :)

Brandy | 2535 comments That is the hard part about library additions, yeah you can borrow for free, but you never know when it will get returned. I'm glad this came in on time for you. are you doing audio or physical book this time?

message 14: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments Still waiting on mine, but I did get Clockwork Prince so I'll start that in the mean time. I've also started the Mortal Instruments series, the first-City of Bones- is just as good as Clockwork Angel, totally digging it!

message 15: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited Jan 27, 2015 08:49AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
The ebook version came in the fastest. I'll be reading it through Kindle.

I read the first couple pages and then passed out, but the beginning was interesting so far.

message 16: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments Same here, the ebook line is much shorter than the real book line!

message 17: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited Jan 27, 2015 10:24AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
Brie wrote: "Still waiting on mine, but I did get Clockwork Prince so I'll start that in the mean time. I've also started the Mortal Instruments series, the first-City of Bones- is just as good as Clockwork Ang..."

I'm on the third one right now Brie! Let me know how you like it. I have to finish that one before I start the Clockwork Prince.

message 18: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments Sara wrote: "Brie wrote: "Still waiting on mine, but I did get Clockwork Prince so I'll start that in the mean time. I've also started the Mortal Instruments series, the first-City of Bones- is just as good as ..."

I think I may be biting off more than I can chew Sara! Trying to read both series' at once, but so far they intertwine well.

message 19: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
Brie wrote: "I think I may be biting off more than I can chew Sara! Trying to read both series' at once, but so far they intertwine well. "

Haha it's okay I'm doing the same thing. It's nice how well they go together.

Brandy | 2535 comments I think eventually I would like to reread MI.

message 21: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments Just received my ebook copy of Paper Towns, guess it's a good think I'm ahead with the Clockwork Prince! Very good by the way :)

message 22: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments Brandy wrote: "I think eventually I would like to reread MI."

I'm about a 150 pages from finishing City of Bones, and although it's a different time from the ID series, I really like seeing the same characters, places and situations talked about in each. They are really well meshed together, makes for a great read!

Brandy | 2535 comments I already read Paper Towns so I am waiting to start Clockwork Prince until the 1st like a good little member.

message 24: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
I'm excited to start both :)
I read like 3 pages of Paper Towns, but I wanted to wait until the 1st too so we can all chat together about it. :)

Nicola | 138 comments Hope you guys like this one!

Looking forward to starting Clockwork Prince too :)

message 26: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
I am slacking on this read! I need to catch up.

message 27: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments Sara wrote: "I am slacking on this read! I need to catch up."

This was such a weird but really good read. I saw the different ways this would end for Q and not all of them happy. I loved the characters though! I am really happy that we read this book even though I was against it in the beginning! Badly timed cliché - turns out you can't judge a book by its cover lol.

message 28: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
My library loan ended :( So I'm on hold yet again. I was starting to get into it too! Oh well. I'll have to catch up.

I'm glad you liked it Brie!

message 29: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
The movie comes out July 24th. Paper Towns Movie

I swear I will finish by then!!!

message 30: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
I finally finished. I gotta say.. I wasn't impressed with the ending..

message 31: by Brie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brie | 569 comments I agree. I'm curios if the movie will follow or jazz it up a bit as Hollywood sometimes does.

message 32: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
Me too! I'm definitely going to see it when it comes out. I'm curious how they'll end it.